Friday: took Paige to Green Bay for the moms meetup at the mall. Not a good idea. I had to stop at a few stores and do some browsing, but she was actually quite good. The only issue was that she wanted to push the stroller with no help from me which causes us to go at about a turtle's pace. Luckily the mall wasn't too busy. We got to the play area and she was quite good for a while and then the wheels fell off. I was being a selfish mommy and didn't want to leave because I was having fun chatting with the other moms. So we went to lunch at the food court and it was horrible. She wouldn't touch her pizza, she kept getting up and trying to walk away, and I spilled our soda trying to maneuver the stroller, Paige and our tray of food to our table on the opposite end of the food court. She slept for a total of 15 minutes on the way home and was a bear the rest of the day. I knew it was going to be a long weekend (Mike was gone up north getting ready for hunting)
Saturday: started off ok despite the super early wake up of about 6am but by mid morning we were both sick of each other. She was so tired that she fell asleep on my lap watching Wiggles at noon. I rocked her for about a half hour, laid her down and she woke up screaming instantly. So a half hour nap on Saturday. But the afternoon passed fairly quickly, we played outside for quite awhile and then she watched Dora while I started supper. Thank god my parents got there when they did, but the wheels really started coming off when they got there. She wanted their attention and they wanted to eat. So they scarfed down supper while Paige pranced around the kitchen yelling at us trying to get our attention. It was quite a show. By 7pm she was screaming and beside herself because she was so overtired and ended up crying herself to sleep.
Sunday: I wake up to "MAMA MAMA MAMA MAMA MAMA!!!!" at 5:45am and want to cry. I ignore her and my mom gets her up. At 6:45 am they wake me up and tell me they need my help because they can't understand what she wants. I go out to the kitchen and Paige is a wreck. Bags under her eyes, tired eyes and wild hair. I ended up going to 8:15am church by myself. By the time I got home she was in a much better mood. Grandma broke out the bunny costume which totally transformed her. They took her to the park so I could have some peace and quiet to drink my coffee and read the paper. It was SO NICE!!! So then she ate lunch and I put her down for nap, hoping she'd sleep at least 3 hours. No such luck, she was awake after about an hour. I almost cried and probably would have if my parents wouldn't have been there. But luckily we were all able to keep her entertained, mostly by playing outside WITH the bunny costume on. Did I mention she also napped in it???? By 4pm we were trick or treating and she did SO GOOD! She wasn't hesitant or nervous at all. She would go right up to the people, even the ones with scary masks and say trick or treat and then thank you! I was so proud of her!!!! She was so darn cute in that bunny costume too. We went around one block and then drove over to her sitter's house. We came back here, ordered pizza for supper, I gave her a bath and put her down for bed.
Today: mom and dad left early this morning after getting Paige up and dressed. It was so nice to have the reinforcements!!!! I had a doctor appointment with a new OB/GYN today. He was really nice so I'm glad I went to him. He said I should stay on the Lexapro while pregnant and that's it's safe to be on. Their official recommendation is to wait 3 months before getting pregnant to allow time for the crap from the nuvaring to get out of my body, but to also take that with a grain of salt, because women get pregnant while taking hormonal BC and their babies are fine. So we'll see. I'd really like to start trying this month, but maybe we'll wait a month. Mike got home tonight around suppertime and Paige was happy to see him. She was still really tired and just a total bear again tonight. I'm going to do some research on toddler sleep to see how much they need. I know I need to go to bed NOW!
3 comments:
Ahhh yes, gotta love the time change I wondered how miss Paige would do sounds about the same as her friend Jenna.
And trick or treating ? Isn't that tonite, I'm confused lol, unless you have it a night early there ? I didn't sleep through halloween did I? ha
I'm confused about the NuvaRing advice too. I've been on it until Sunday and will be starting injections this weekend. I know my body used up all the stuff in the ring because AF almost started so I had to get a new ring to get me thru to Sunday. I wouldn't worry about that if I were you. Just make sure you start keeping track of you cycles.
Just send sweet little Paige down here and she and Ella can have a blast staying up all night and watching the Good Night Show and then run wild with no nap all day. At least they could entertain each other :)
Post a Comment