C&P'd from an email to Meredith:
On our way back from our wonderful, relaxing weekend on Sunday, my sister calls me and tells me that a child protective services worker from the county and a cop visited my parents house on Saturday because they got a tip that Paige would be here for the weekend (their words, they knew her name) and wanted to make sure she was safe. My mom had a breakdown after they left and literally collapsed. Thank god Paige was sleeping. She thought they were going to take Paige away. I work and live in Oconto County and my parents live in Outagamie County. A child pro. Services worker here left me a message on my cell phone on Friday to call her back ASAP, but I couldn't get a hold of her until Monday afternoon. Basically someone here (and I'm sure it's someone from work, no one else knew Paige would be at my parents) reported that I was placing Paige in danger by keeping her at my parents EVEN THOUGH my sister and mom would both be there. So Oconto County child pro services has no choice but to report it to Outagamie CPS and they "screen it out" which I assume means they have no grounds to pursue it further. This is all according to Oconto county CPS. So even though they screened it out, Outagamie CPS and a cop still stopped at my parents house on Saturday and told them they would stop by again, thank god they didn't. So I called Outagamie County CPS and tried to get more info, but the biotch I talked to on Monday was no help, she said they couldn't even acknowledge they received a report. GRRRRR...Put a call into the cop shop and the cop that was there will be in this afternoon so I'll be calling back and chewing her out too. My dad told his lawyer all this and they are trying to get an exemption to his bond condition to allow him to be alone with minor female family members. I plan to speak at the hearing for this, if there will be one. She's mine and I decide who she spends time with. I'm just so furious and angry and can't believe that a co worker of mine actually thinks placing Paige with my dad would be putting her in danger and that I would intentionally put her in danger. I would DIE before I let anything happen to her and I have nothing but 100% trust in both my parents. I'm going to be talking to my boss and letting her know that I'm looking for a new job. I can't work with these kind of people. This never would have happened if I didn't work here.
OK, so after I wrote that, I called my mom last night for some words of wisdom and she really helped calm me down. She made me realize that the anger and hurt I feel will pass in time and that it might not have been a co worker of mine here in Human Services, it could have been anyone in the courthouse that overheard someone talking. I'm trying really hard to believe that and to just put this out of my mind. I can't hold on to these feelings for ever and keep these thoughts in my head, I'll go nuts. So I'm working on the healing process, I guess....
Anyway, a couple of big news items...Paige slept on the floor at Sandi's yesterday for her nap! No more pack n play! I know people probably think I'm nuts for keeping her in a crib/pnp, but it works for us. But anyway, Sandi decided to try having her sleep on the floor in the living room like the other big kids and it worked! I couldn't believe it! So I'm thinking we might try letting her sleep in a a sleeping bag in her room for naps soon and see how it goes. We'll be needing the crib soon enough because.....
We're finally going to start ttc #2!!!! I know it's the right time because I'm excited about it, I'm jealous of a pregnant co worker, and am hoping for a little Christmas present/miracle in the form of a positive HPT. I just finished my Nuvaring yesterday so AF should start next week. I have an appointment with a new OB/GYN next week who is actually a male. I can't believe I'm going to a male doctor, but one of my very good friends is his nurse and she highly recommends him. Plus the hospital he delivers at is SUPER NICE and I think I'll feel comfortable with him since Erica (my friend) is his nurse. Her and I went to Country USA this year.
I signed up for a bunch of events with my moms group. They finally scheduled some Friday events so Paige and I can go. Tomorrow we're going to the play area at the mall in Green Bay, Paige really likes it so it should be fun. I'm also signed up for 3 of their Mom's Nights Out, those are fun too. We usually go out for coffee or out to eat. We're also going to a children's museum in Appleton in November.
I think every kid in the world has this nasty cold with the bad cough. A co worker of mine is home sick today and I'm assuming it's with her 3 year old dd and another co worker told me both of her kids had it. Terri's little streaker girl has it too...poor little ones. It's a nasty one.
Back to work!
Back to work!!!
3 comments:
I'm so sorry you have to go through all this. I would be really pissed off too. Like you said, you are her mother and would never put her in immediate danger.
Congrats on deciding to start on #2! That is so exciting and I will definitely be sending baby dust your way. A positive HPT would be a great christmas present for your whole family!
I'm glad your mom got you calmed down. Since you don't know who it was that told CPS, you might be cutting off your nose to spite your face by quitting.
Good luck TTC!! That sure would be a sweet Christmas present.
Holy hell I finally copied down your blog addy down here since who knows how long I'll be on phones now, so I'm all caught up, hugs to you and what you and your family are going through, I'd of been royally pissed also !
Post a Comment