Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Another Milestone!

No, she's not potty trained, but Paige is sleeping in a big girl bed tonight for the first time! I can't believe it...my baby is really becoming a big girl!

She wanted to sleep in her sleeping bag on the floor and Mike and I were kind of unsure about that, so I suggested that we put the sleeping bag in her crib and Mike said well why don't I just take the one side off to make it a bed right away? I thought well hell, let's just give it a try and see what happens. So we went for it and Paige was all excited to sleep in her big girl bed! We always read 2 books and then rock for a few minutes before bed, but tonight she wanted to hop right into bed after her books and not rock...totally unheard of. So she climbed in, pulled her sleeping bag up, I took about 100 pictures and off I went and we didn't hear a peep out of her. I'm still kind of shocked. Mike said to her over and over that if she gets up in the morning that she can read her books before we come and get her, so we made a big deal about that and about putting a pile of books next to her on the floor.

So maybe if we're patient with the potty training, she'll lead the way on that too and let us know when SHE'S ready, not when we're ready for her to be trained.

Forgot to mention in my last post that my sister got engaged over the weekend! WHO HOO!!!! It's about damn time, she's been shacking up with him for over a year (no offense to those who lived together, but it's my little sister and I was not pleased with her decision to move in with him, but that's over now I guess). He's a high school tech ed teacher and she's a middle school Spanish teacher, so I guess it's meant to be! No, he's really a nice guy and my family really likes him. Him and Mike get along really well too. They're thinking about getting married next June already which means I'll probably be pregnant at their wedding which would really suck the big one. We shall see I guess.

Off to bed for this tired mama!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Glad the Big Girl Bed went over well. Patience is a virtue.

M said...

Congrats on the big girl bed. I would just like everyone in my house to sleep in an actual bed.

I must say that preggo at weddings pretty much sucks. I've been to two and had to leave by 9 because I was tired and everyone else was already drunk anyway.

Terri said...

Congratulations to your sister! And good job Paige on the big girl bed.

Susan said...

Hope the entire evening went well , congrats on another milestone !

Koren said...

Yay for Paige and congrats for your sister! Preggo at weddings does suck. I was my sisters Matron of honor 2 weeks before I had Ian.