Friday, October 06, 2006

My Virgin Hair

has been violated. I finally broke down and got highlights this afternoon! I've colored it a few times, but it's been an all-over color, have never done the hightlighting thing before. But with this short, layered cut, I've been tossing it around for a while and finally went for it today. I got blonde highlights and mostly around my face. They're quite drastic at least to me anyway...I look almost blonde instead of my mousy brown. They'll take a little getting used to, but Mike really likes them and I think I do too.

I think Paige is FINALLY getting interested in art! I'm certainly no artist myself, but she has never been into coloring or other artsy stuff. But I bought some "washable" (read: they'll wash off if you get to them right away) markers earlier this week and suddenly coloring is like her new favorite thing to do. I bought a few other artsy things today at the Dollar General (my new favorite store): this window painting kit, stickers and a sticker album, a couple of sheets of Dora stickers, and play doh. Also some accessories for her princess Halloween costume. I broke the play doh out tonight and at first she wasn't sure what to do with it, but ended up LOVING it! She sat at her table and I sat on the floor by her and we played with that darn play doh for probably a good half hour...an eternity for a 2 year old!

So I came up with the brilliant idea (well not really that brilliant) of putting together an arts and crafts box with stickers, markers, play doh, etc. for rainy days. I think I'm also going to start looking for some cheapie dress up items like purses, hats, shoes, scarves, etc. and put together a dress up box too. Maybe I can score some cheap costumes after Halloween to add to it. I know Sandi has a dress up box that she'll break out every now and then and the kids go nuts for it.

Arts, crafts, dress up...my baby is turning into such a big girl!!!!

4 comments:

Linda said...

I like the dress up box idea. I might have to work on that. I want to see a pic!!!

Terri said...

I wanna see a picture!!! Stef still just wants to eat her Playdoh.

Koren said...

I absolutely hate Playdoh. That's why it's a special saturday morning ritual with daddy. I have some great dress up pics of Ian that will be great for blackmail when he gets older. He looks so cute in those little pink sparkly heels. Heheheheh :)

Elisa said...

I want to see a picture of the hair. I bet it looks great!