Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Shots

I'm off work today so Paige and I got our flu shot at an immunization clinic here in town; one of the nurses I work with gave it to us. She also recommended a Hep A shot for Paige and I let her give one. I'm kinda second-guessing myself on that one, because Paige let out a pretty good scream while she got it because it stings; she was pretty clingy and tired when we got home. She gave me a hard time for her nap, but finally fell asleep not too long ago. She didn't make a peep for the flu shot, just tightened up her leg. My arm is a bit sore, but it'll go away.

We used two nightlights last night and they seemed to help a little. She seemed to fall asleep a little quicker. Of course she was awake around 6am this morning and shouting out to us to make her presence known. This morning it was actually pretty funny: "I'M AWAKE!!!! I'M AWAKE!!!!! I ALL DONE SLEEPING!!!!! I AWAKE!!! MAMA!!!! DADA!!!!!! DADA!!!!!!!"

I was about ready to fly through the roof though last night when putting her to sleep. As I was rocking her, she saw a pair of jammies sitting on her dresser and something inside of her flipped, she started throwing a fit and insisting on wearing these pink jammies. I tried offering that she can bring them to bed with her and she turned to me with fire in her eyes and screams "NO I PUT THEM ON!!!!" So I gave in, pick your battles right? So then Mike has to go in and rock her after a bit because she's screaming out for him. He comes back down and tells me he had to change her jammies back to the ones she had on originally. I almost screamed with frustration, what a manipulator! And poor Mike had no idea I had already changed her jammies or he never would have.

So anyway, Paige is now sleeping and I have a big stack of junk mail to go through, and Baby Story is on! My guilty pleasure!

3 comments:

Susan said...

ROFL ........ at the jammies visual :)

Terri said...

They can be SO contrary sometimes!! Thanks again for the reminder to call about our flu shots.

Koren said...

The jammy thing sounds familiar. I have just started letting him run in his undies until bed time and then he picks a pair out. That seems to work. Does Paige have her 2yr molars? Ian turned into a little monster a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't figure out why until I was brushing his teeth and noticed his 2 bottom molars were almost in. He turned back into his normal self and now Mr. Groucho is back, so I am assuming that his top 2 are coming in.