What a crazy weekend. Saturday I drove 3.5 hours round trip for a bridal shower for an old college roomate, who is actually marrying a good friend of Mike's that stood up in our wedding. It was pretty fun, and nice to be with the girls!
Sunday I had every intention of going to church, but when the alarm when off at 7:15am and the house was quiet, I decided to not mess with it and fell back asleep until 10am!!!! That afternoon we went to a birthday party for a little girl who turned 2 a few days ago. We ended up staying until around 7pm and Paige even played in their sandbox!!!! She had a total panic attack when her sitter put her in theirs a few weeks ago. She loved it so much on Sunday, I'm tempted to go get one.
Yesterday I ended up taking Paige up to Eagle River (almost 3 hours away) to my sister's boyfriends cabin on a lake. My parents, sister and her boyfriend were there, and the weather was beautiful so I should have had fun, but I didn't. Paige didn't nap, and went to bed late. The sleeping arrangements were really goofy and when they got back from a friends house at midnight rather intoxicated, they woke Paige up. She was sleeping in the pack n play in the bedroom I was sharing with my mom. My sister tried to rock her back to sleep, but Paige wasn't interested. I finally kicked my dad out of the twin bunk bed in the other bedroom and brought Paige in bed with me there. That room was too small for a pack n play. Never again will she and I sleep in the same bed. It was a nightmare. She was awake for a good hour afterwards, so I was too. Then we woke up around 5am and were up for the rest of the day. She took a short nap in the morning, then we went to a parade, and came home. She did surprisingly well at the parade in spite of the loud noise and tons of people. We stopped at Subway on the way home and she ate a little bit. She did pretty well on the way home, just got ancey the last half hour or so. I almost fell over with relief when we walked in the door.
We really should not have gone. My sister was a total bitch to me, and my mom was a huge crank too. The ride there and back got really long and it was just a lot of packing and running around for the little amount of time we were there.
Poor Paige was so tired and hungry tonight that she inhaled her pizza and actually fell asleep while eating at 5:30! We let her finish eating because she was so hungry and screamed when we took the pizza away, then put her in bed by about 6:15pm. I had planned to give her a bath tonight, but I'll do it tomorrow.
Hopefully she gets a good night sleep and will get back on track the rest of the week. At least I only work tomorrow and Thursday.
3 comments:
You sound as exhausted as I do today. I should have worked Monday and taken today off. I want to be in bed soooo bad right now.
There's no place like home. There's no place like home.
Awwwwwwwwww asleep during pizza, how cute a picture that'd of made though, lol........ I'm going away maybe next month and a 4 hour drive, should be interesting.
Post a Comment