What a sense of timing toddlers have. At 11:30pm I hear Paige crying and it doesn't sound like she's settling back down, so I go out in the living room ask Mike to get her up, I go pee, and I hear "hey honey? she puked." I'm like, great. So I stumble back to our room get my glasses and head into Paige's room to assess the damage. Mike is already stripping her bed and seeing what has been hit by the puke. Paige has it in her hair and all over her jammies. So I comfort her while attempting to get out the puke with a washcloth. Poor girl was so upset and shivering that I just didn't have the heart to stick her in the tub. She didn't want anything to do with Mike so I held her in the recliner until about 2am while sleeping on and off and then finally laid her down. She went down without a peep and slept until 9am this morning. WHO HOO!!!!
She has some sort of sickness, because she was rather lethargic and clingy today and only ate a half a bowl of oatmeal this morning. She took almost a 2 hour nap, then slept on my lap for another hour. She seemed to perk up after the second nap so I drove about 20 minutes to a rummage sale a co worker was having. We were there for about 10 minutes when Paige started throwing up all over herself in my co workers garage. It was horrible and so embarrasing. She threw up EVERYWHERE, including my hands when my co worker ran inside to get paper towels. The saving grace was that I got a pair of jeans shorts, an outfit, a bunch of puzzles and books for $2.50. She's just trying to get rid of the stuff; love those kind of rummage sales!!!
So we got home, I cleaned her up, we played for a bit because she seemed to perk up again, and put her down around 7:45pm. She went down without a peep and Mike went over to a friends house tonight. I told him that if Paige throws up again tonight, I'm calling him and he needs to be in the car on his way home before he even picks up his phone! I cannot comfort her and clean up puke alone.
I hope she feels better soon. It's like she wants to feel better because she'll want to play like her normal self and then the next minute she's crawling in my lap for some cuddling.
5 comments:
Awwww poor Paige. I hope she's feeling better today.
Poor Baby!!!! I hope she's feeling better.
Sigh....... the virus that is going around it sucks :( Jenna had it a few weeks ago, although she ended up only throwing up twice, and its so weird how they throw up and then are ready to rock n roll and play like normal eh..... ne how hope she feels better by now :)
Is Paige feeling better now?
update plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Post a Comment