Monday, July 24, 2006

Thank God We're Home Part 2

What a crazy couple of days. We left Friday to go up north for Mike's mom's wedding reception party. Mike got done with work about 4 hours earlier than normal, so we left around 3:15pm and got there between 7:30-8pm. Mike's brother, SIL and 2 daughters got there right after we did so with all the commotion, Paige didn't go down until about 9pm, but she went down without a peep so I was happy. We were staying at a B&B across the lake from Mike's mom's house.

Paige slept fairly well Friday night, woke up cranky, but the wheels quickly came off on Saturday morning. Got to Mike's mom's house around 11am, tried to get Paige to play in the lake or the sand around it and she screamed the entire time. She was totally clingy and whiny and Mike and I quickly reached the ends of our ropes. Mike's SIL and I went back to the B&B so our daughters could nap. Paige took a good 2.5 hour nap so I was hoping she'd be in a better mood, but my hopes were quickly dashed. We tried the lake/sand thing again, but she screamed the whole time again. We gave up and just carried her around until she was ready to run around. We got the kids back to the B&B and Paige was in bed around 9:30pm.

Unfortunately, Paige woke up kinda early Sunday morning and was pretty cranky on Sunday. Sunday we all went up to Hayward to spend the day with Mike's dad. Unfortunately, I woke up late Saturday night/early Sunday morning with the runs from some bad food I ate at the party. The stomach cramps and runs got worse all day and peaked around 5pm and Paige was extremely clingy and whiney and poor Mike had to take care of her and I both at his dad's house. We went to this zoo for a couple of hours around lunch time and nap time, so Paige missed her nap and really started to fall apart late that afternoon. We ended up leaving around 5:30 pm, and had Paige in bed by 6:30 pm. She slept like crap, was up every hour, except when her and Mike slept in a recliner from 2am-5am. She slept for another hour after that maybe so this morning was a real treat.

We went back to Mike's mom's to fish and Paige actually had a pretty decent time. She caught a few fish all by herself and really seemed to enjoy it. Finally around 11:30am we were all at the end of our ropes so we left. The car ride home was the car ride from hell. Paige fell asleep about 10 minutes into the 4.5 hour ride so we thought we were doing well, but NOOOOO...., she wakes up about a half hour later, and ends up crying, screaming and whining the rest of the trip. It was just awful. She was so tired and just totally beside herself. We got home and snuggled for a few minutes, then she picked at her supper, threw a couple of tantrums and we got her to bed around 6:30pm. I wanted to get her down sooner, but my dad came up tonight and Paige was pretty excited about that so I couldn't put her down then.

She's been sleeping for about an hour and we've heard her cry out a few times already. I hope she sleeps well and sleeps late.

The weekend had some really good things and bad things. I've described the bad things already. The B&B that we stayed at was so nice and the owners were so sweet and friendly. It was nice to hang out with Mike's brother and SIL after the girls went to bed. We had the perfect set up. We were staying in the lower level of the B&B and there was a living with our two bedrooms off of it. So we'd put the girls down in each of our rooms, then hang out in the living room and watch movies. Paige and one of her little cousins instantly bonded and were best buddies the whole weekend. Her cousin is 5 months older than her and where she went, Paige went. It was so darn cute! And I know Mike's mom and dad really enjoyed having us around, even though they have no clue what it's like to have little kids around.

Phew!!!! Better head back upstairs and to bed. Good sleeping vibes for my little girl tonight!!!!!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Hey have you tried teething tablets at all ? or how many more does she have to come thru I guess would be the question. I know there for awhile when Jenna was like that I'd give her 3-4 teething tablets and about 15 minutes later she was like a totally different child, it sooths them beyond belief I'm a true believer in those babies ! Just a thought :)

Terri said...

I hate it when visiting and special trips mess up their schedules so badly. Is Paige back to normal yet? Sorry to hear about the ride home. Yikes.

Koren said...

Sounds like a typical trip with a 2yr old. :) Hope Paige is getting back to her normal self.