I've been thinking alot about if/when #2 will come along. Mike and I had decided a few months ago that we were going to wait a long time. I keep thinking about the pros and cons of it lately and people keep asking when we're going to have another one. Well last night we got to talking and decided we're going to start ttc in the fall. It was weird!!!! I couldn't believe we were actually talking about having another baby! Then I laid awake for the longest time wondering if I was truly ready. All I could think about was how hard it would be. Like now, it's fairly easy to run errands with Paige; I plop her in the front of the shopping cart and sing or talk to her in the grocery store and she's a happy camper for a good 20 minutes or so. With a baby, what do I do? Put Paige in the front part and the baby carrier in the cart and only buy as much that will fit in the cart? What about unloading my car with the groceries and then putting them away? That's quite the adventure now, I can't imagine it with two. And getting two ready in the mornings and bring 2 to daycare? And paying for 2 in daycare? And when Paige goes to bed, I'm ready to crash from the long day, not take care of a baby! And how am I going to get up in the mornings with her if I've been up all night with a baby?!?!!???
Aaahhh so many questions, but I know I don't want to wait too much longer. I don't want a huge age gap between Paige and her sibling, and I don't want to get too out of the baby loop. I know Paige would be a great helper though. She's so sweet with the babies at her sitter's house. She loves to be helpful! And once the newborn part is over, I'd love to have another baby in the house!!!
So, anyway, we shall see.
Our other big news is that Paige ate peas tonight!!!!! Our neighbor has a ton of them in his garden so we picked them and Paige ate some raw ones! We were so proud of her! She kept asking "eat peas?" when we got in the house, but we had to cut her off so her body wouldn't go into shock at digesting a vegetable. So we said "eat peas tomorrow" and she seemed ok with that.
Just got done with 25 minutes on the treadmill and I think I'm going to bed soon. I slept like crap last night and am so tired. But we have so much to do. I need to balance the checkbook, fold and put away 3 loads of laundry, read yesterday's paper, and call a couple of friends. UGH. There's always something!!!!!
5 comments:
There is always something to do eh, never any rest it seems. Good for her eating peas, Jenna calls every single veggie peas, even corn but she eats them all no more picky eating from her thank god she didn't take after me on that!
I think that you can totally handle it. But if you're still having doubts, there's no crime in waiting. Lex and Ella are over 4 years apart and do fine together. I also have a friend that has 3 boys and they're all about 4 years apart and she loves it.
Congrats on your decision. You'll do great! I was scared to death about having 2, but it all works out and somehow you always figure things out. Way to go on the 25 minutes on the treadmill! Wish I could get motivated to do that.
All I can say is - if you're definately going to ttc #2, don't wait TOO long.
YAY for the peas!!!! Rebecca ate one green bean the other day. I was estatic too. You'll do fine with #2!!!
Post a Comment