Friday, June 30, 2006

Calgon Take Me Away

Can whoever stole my sweet child and replaced her with the devil please return her?

I am at the end of my rope. It has been an extremely trying week. She is a totally different kid this week. I mean she's always been a little pistol, but this isn't normal behavior, even for her. She's clingy, whiny, sassy, and insists on doing EVERYTHING around the house all by herself. Getting dressed and diaper changes have become a nightmare.

I know she missed me while I was gone and I think that explains the extra clinginess, but jeez, I've been back since Monday. I also know she's tired, so we've been putting her to bed extra early, but she lays awake and babbles until even later than her normal bedtime! UGH!!!! Today she was up at 6:30am and I was hoping she'd sleep until closer to 8am. It was a LONG morning.

Add that to the fact that I'm still adjusting to reality after my super relaxing weekend last weekend, when our biggest worries were to make it to the grounds for the 6:30pm show. I didn't have to cook, clean, do laundry, fight with Paige, drop her off, pick her up, get up early, put her to bed, etc. And I'm still really tired too. I'm thinking about napping while she naps today, but we'll see. There's so much to do around the house and we're busy this weekend. Tomorrow I have a bridal shower that's about 2 hours away, Sunday is a birthday party for one of Paige's little friends, and I might take Paige up to my sister's cabin Monday and Tuesday.

I've already washed and hung three loads of laundry outside this morning, attempted to keep Paige's tantrums and shrieks to a minimum, unloaded and re-loaded the dishwasher, cleaned the living room up from her mess this morning, sorted through a couple days worth of mail, cleaned the shower a bit, and filled her pool. I'm drained.

I still have laundry from last weekend to put away, take down, fold and put away the 3 loads of laundry hanging outside, do the sheets, towels, undies, etc., clean the house as it is completely disgusting right now, take out the garbage and attempt to balance the checkbook. Oh and wrap a couple of presents. AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

2 comments:

Terri said...

It sounds like a carbon copy of my life lately (minus the relaxing spa weekend). I'm thinking the clingy-whiney thing is a stage. Stef's been doing that to me for about a month now. I can't even go to the bathroom alone. Paige is a little more insistent on the Miss Independence thing than Stef is, but I feel your pain. All I can tell you is, enjoy her when you can and this too shall pass.

(((Sara)))

Susan said...

bahhhhhhhhhhh hope you had some luck with all that I'm just catching up on all my blogs from last week sigh.......