I feel so bad for Mike and anyone else working outside today. It's 95, feels like 103 and is suppposed to get up to 100 today. That's just way too hot. The dew point is 75 and our humidity is 59%. UGH. I actually feel even worse for Mike because he has to go in and out of air conditioned buildings all day. Going from 100 outside to 70 inside is just not good for you. And the sad part is it's about 65 in my office and I'm wearing a sweater.
We had to take Paige to the doctor on Friday. Thursday after her nap, my sitter called my cell phone and said Paige was limping and wanting to walk as little as possible. So Mike picked her up and he said putting her in the car seat was a nightmare. I got home and she sat on my lap all night. It was so sad. She refused to straighten her right leg, put weight on it and absolutely didn't walk all night. We gave her ibuprofen for the pain. Friday she seemed better, walking on it and not screaming when we changed her diaper, but we took her in anyway. After doing a bunch of tests on her legs and right hip, the doc. thinks she may have pinched a nerve. Makes sense because she kept saying "Paige cold" on Thursday night which was so weird because she was actually quite hot from sitting on my lap all night. She knows what cold means so we couldn't figure it out at the time, but it makes sense now. We figure that her leg was tingling and numb and she thought it was cold. Poor girl. But she's back to 100% now and not limping; thank goodness, I was a nervous nellie mom.
Saturday we were a bunch of bums. We didn't feel like doing anything so we all just hung out at home and actually napped while Paige napped. Sunday morning Mike went fishing and then we went to a friends house after her nap.
Is writing thank you notes a thing of the past now? We ALWAYS wrote prompt, personal thank you notes after receiving any kind of present when I was growing up and I still do today. A family member graduated from high school this past May and we gave her $10. We got a TYPED thank you note from her at least 6 weeks later. LAME. Even worse, was the thank you note I got on Saturday from a friend for the money we gave her at her wedding IN FEBRUARY!!!! I felt bad about writing thank you notes 3 weeks after my birthday because I thought that was too late. As I'm writing this, I'm remembering that I never wrote Terri a thank you note for the Jack's Music Show DVD's, so I'm eating crow. BUT, I do have a few things to send her as a thank you in return.
OK, back to work. I'm so bored at work and I do have things to do, I'm just not motivated at all.
3 comments:
I'm super, SUPER, bad about writing thank you notes.
*hangs head in shame*
I was good about writing thank you notes up until Stef's 2nd birthday. At this point I'd be ashamed to send them so late so I'm skipping them this year.
I'm just glad Paige liked JBMS. I think it's an awesome show.
Glad to hear Paige is feeling better.
I still send thank you notes for everything too, just something I was taught as a child and something that I am teaching my kids. Ali helps write hers and Ian even scribbled all over his from his birthday.
Post a Comment