Paige is talking up a storm, it's so darn cute! Her new word is "yeah". So we are having conversations back and forth, and she'll answer Dora when she asks questions. I love it! This morning when I went into her room to get her, the first thing she does is rub her eye and say "booger in my eye." I said "you have a booger in your eye?" (while trying not to laugh) and she goes "yeah." Her and Mike have really bonded a lot the past few weeks, so that's a relief for me.
Our weekend was quite boring, but relaxing. I worked Saturday morning, and then we all hung out at home the rest of the day. Mike was going to go fishing Saturday afternoon and evening, but I convinced him not to. Paige started saying "my go wif? my go fishing?" and pretending to reel and it was breaking my heart. So Mike decided not to go.
Our living room TV pooped out on Saturday so we headed to Green Bay to buy a new one. We debated back and forth of whether to get the nice HDTV, flat screen blah blah blah TV now, or wait on that one and get a cheapie $120 one. We got the cheapie $120 one. We are stretched so thin right now there's just no way we could take on another monthly payment. We ended up getting a 24 inch RCA that's actually really nice.
We were quite productive in Green Bay. Made a couple of returns at JCPenney's and bought a bunch of towels as a wedding gift for some friends getting married next month. Returned a bunch of stuff at Kohl's, and picked up a skirt (hopefully) in my size for this same wedding. Paige was in a mood and I wasn't able to try it on. Next headed to Old Navy to make even more returns and picked up a shirt and capris for Paige and shorts for Mike all for $17 on clearance AND on a gift card. WHO HOO! Then to the play area where I yelled at a boy who was way too old to be in there to be careful around Paige, and then to Moe's one of our favorite restaurants for supper. Paige was tuckered out and actually fell asleep while I rocked her. That NEVER happens.
I listed some workout tapes and DVD's on ebay over the weekend and some clothes today. Two of the tapes sold already, and I'm hoping everything else does, especially the clothes. They don't fit me right and are too nice to give away. One is a pair of Gap long and lean jeans so they should sell. WE NEED MONEY BAD!!!! Gas is $3.05 and rising.
I think I might work at a car seat check on Saturday morning and then we're thinking about taking Paige to the zoo on Sunday.
3 comments:
You've got a little talker too eh, they surely come up with quite the things, Jenna's into saying Yeah also but more so WHAT than anything else, ugh.......... I try pardon but I get a WHAT everytime, ha.
I know how you feel financially. UGH! I need to get started on Oprah's Debt Diet but would really rather read my Star Wars books at lunch. Sigh...decisions decisions.
I know exactly where you're coming from...our dryer is on it's last leg, we have to get Ian a bed, gas is $3.19 here and blah blah blah...it just sucks. Good luck selling on e-bay. Any extra money is always nice.
Post a Comment