Thursday, April 02, 2009

I Sound Like a Yooper

Holy crap, I just watched the video of me speaking to the Joint Finance Committee yesterday and I can't believe how strong my Wisconsin accent is. It's not even yooper-ish, I sound like I'm from northern Canada or something. Wowza. If you want a laugh at my expense, click http://wisconsineye.com/wisEye_programming/ARCHIVES-jointcommittees.html#1965

scroll down to 04.01.09 | Joint Committee on Finance Public Hearing from Appleton (Part 2) and click on "watch". I start at 32 minutes, 45 seconds. Yes, I took the time to figure that out. I think I also have a speech impediment, I said the word program and it comes out like "pwogram." WTF.

She-Devil testified, aka Carrie Schneider, the Outagamie County DA. She was the prosecutor in my dad's trial and her voice is worse than nail's on a chalkboard. If you've heard her before, you know. Try listening to it for 8-9 hours a day, 4 days in a row. It will drive you batty. As soon as she started talking, I flipped out and left. It was like a flashback to his trial. When I saw her on the news, she looks pregnant. I hope her kid rips her crotch to shreds with his/her devil horns on the way out.

The hearing was held at Lawrence University in downtown Appleton and downtowns really freak me out. I was overly prepared with a map of the downtown in which I drew the various parking ramps in. I memorized several routes of how I would get there. Well God had other plans for me because a bridge on College Avenue is closed from 441 and they direct you to take the Oneida St. exit. I had a panic attack realizing I may end up in Menasha or something. But I thankfully got there in one piece, the detour really wasn't that bad. I even got out of the parking ramp and back on Oneida GOING THE RIGHT WAY on my way home without having to turn around once. That's huge for me people. I sometimes have meetings in downtown GB in the same office building and I always use the same parking ramp. I still can't figure out how to get out of there and I've been going there for 8 years.

Well yah hey, I better get back to work, doncha think? Uff-da.

2 comments:

M said...

I coulda told you about the accent, lol :)

You did great!!

Jan said...

As a non-Wisconsin native I can honestly say yours is one of the strongest accents I've heard since living here -- but I think it's great! Accent or not, your presentation was excellent. Your passion shows thru and you're a natural speaker! Keep up the great work.