Monday, April 06, 2009

"It Gets the Poop Off Better"

Yes, this statement actually came out of my mouth today. Paige was going number 2 and said "I'm going to use a baby wipe Mama!!!" I said "yeah, it gets the poop off better." As soon as I said it, I was like wow, the stuff that comes out of your mouth after you have kids....kind of crazy. Yes, I keep baby wipes out on my bathroom counter. They are just so darn practical. I've trained Paige to use the baby wipes when she poops otherwise we go through at least one roll of toilet paper a day. She has clogged the toilet with the insane amount of TP she uses.

So we had a nice weekend. Friday was a little rough. Paige was super tired and therefore super whiny and clingy and emotional. So I was more than happy to ship her off to school. Saturday we were lazy in the morning, then went to the Big Event for Little Kids at Shopko Hall. A loud crazy event, but Paige loved it! Then we met Kristin, her friend Megan and Dylan @ Margarita's. YUM. Mike went fishing (we drove separately) and Paige and I went to Kristin's for the rest of the night. I was a little worried about Paige getting jealous of Dylan, but she was so good. Kristin's friend Megan is really good with kids and gave lots of attention to Paige. Dylan is starting to smile and laugh more so he's even more fun to be around. He really seems to respond to Paige too and like her a lot. Mike finally rolled home around 3:30 am Sunday morning. The walleye fishing is really good on the Fox River and he's addicted. He's a good hubby though, he still got up on Sunday morning with Paige and let me sleep. Sunday we went to church, then Kristin and Tom came up because they were looking at houses in Little Suamico. Dylan of course was cuter than ever. Paige got him on a huge laughing fit and I recorded it on my camera. He played with Paige's old Gymini-what a blast from the past.

I think Kristin and Tom have their heads in the clouds. Kristin does not plan to go back to work full time, yet they are looking at houses that cost around $200,000. WTF. They found one they fell in love with that has vaulted ceilings, Corian counters, hickory cabinets, etc. It's not just a "basic house" like Tom said. I thought you mean, like ours? Like our 1040 square feet house with only one bathroom? It may not be much, but we can afford it and we can afford to do lots of fun things because we are not house poor.

Oh I forgot to mention the coolest part about the Big Event for Little Kids. As we walked up to the ticket counter to buy our tickets, this lady comes up to us and hands us four free tickets! SWEET!!! Saved us $22. Boy there were some "interesting" people there. Good people watching opportunities.

1 comment:

M said...

At least Paige wipes herself! Ella still has me do it because I do it better. Sally does her own though.

I asked her what she does at school and she said she just doesn't poop at school.