it does have it's drawbacks. For example, if Mike and I want some, um, adult time during the day we either have to ignore our burning loins or sneak to the basement for a quickie. We do this during Paige's "quiet time." Today our burning loins were not to be ignored. So we snuck to the basement and were in the throes of really enjoying ourselves when Mike jumps away from me like I have the plague and starts getting dressed. He must have supersonic ears because he heard Paige coming down the stairs. He caught Paige on the steps and explained that we were exercising and he got hot, which is why he had to take his shirt off. He stopped her before she got to the bottom step and saw me without my pants on. Luckily he got her back to her bedroom told her she had to stay in until the clock said 3 1 5 and we got back to business. I thought the kid would be a buzzkill but apparently not.
So last Tuesday was yet another round of "Losers Come Get Your Free Car Seats." Most of the parents were ok, but that fat chick who showed up at the car seat check in Oconto came again and got three more free seats. For whatever reason she doesn't drive so this time she came in her dad's car and we gave her three more free seats for his car. Why we couldn't have just given her a free convertible for the unborn baby and told her to move the boosters back and forth I don't know. My coworkers are hell bent on making sure every lazy schmuck gets a free car seat. Grandpa's car was a 1994 Mercury Sable. I'm not asking for much, but I'd just like a car from the 21st century. Our first vehicle was a 1996 Buick without LATCH and the grandpa attached the lower anchors from the car seat to "something" in the crack of the vehicle seat. Interesting. So we had a 1996 Buick, 1994 Mercury, 1998 Caravan, 1999 Silverado, and my 2 personal favorites a 1987 Toyota 4 runner and a 1994 Geo Tracker. The 1987 Toyota was a Hispanic family, dad spoke ok English, mom spoke almost none and their 7 year old daughter spoke the best English. They also had a 4 year old son. I spoke mostly to the 7 year old. She was super sweet and the family was very nice. So we were putting their boosters in the backseat and noticed they didn't have any shoulder belts. You absolutely cannot put a kid in a booster with lap belt only. Luckily my coworker asked if they had another car at home and they did. So they leave and pull up in a 1999 Cadillac Escalade with pimped out rims. Um, WTF? Why didn't you just show up in that? So they got their free boosters and we sent them on their way. The mom hugged us before they left. She was so sweet! Then our last one was the Tracker-a soft top with 2 kids in the back seat with no car seats. 7 year old girl and 3 year old boy. The boy was a huge brat who basically didn't talk, just screamed the whole time. Mom wasn't much better, she kept telling him that if he didn't stay in his seat that the cops would pull her over and take him away. Nothing like the threat of being taken away from your mom to calm down a hysterical 3 year old. Just a little awkward for us too.
I saw Dr. O'Toole to get my second opinion on Tuesday. I am very frustrated with how things are going right now. I have not been able to find a doctor that I stick with. I was seeing a doctor here in town, Dr. Hockman; she delivered Paige and also surgically removed the ovarian cyst I had about 4 years ago. She left and I saw the doctor who took her place (Dr. Bowers) a few times and liked her too, but I work with that office professionally and it just got to be weird seeing her on a personal basis. So then as you know I started seeing Dr. Gibson last fall and after the three rounds of Clomid and no pregnancy I went to Dr. Severino. I went to O'Toole to get a 2nd opinion on my HSG. Well I assumed Aurora was sending over the actual films from my HSG but they only sent over the notes. So Dr. O'Toole had nothing to look at, just Gibson and Severino's notes. UGH. So I had to call Gibson's office and have them send over a disc that has my HSG films to O'Toole. But because my ovarian cyst was endometriosis and I have painful periods (sorry if too much info) they are concerned that it's the endo causing my infertility. UGH! So I have low progesterone, possibly a damaged tube and endometriosis. No wonder I can't get pregnant. Dr. Bowers is sending all of my operative reports from my ovarian cyst removal also to O'Toole and he's going to review the films from my HSG. So I go back to Dr. O'Toole in 2 weeks to have an ultrasound done. I may need surgery to remove endo if I have any, and then he recommended clomid with IUI. My head is spinning. I just want a baby. I feel like I've seen every OB/GYN in GB in the last few years. I think I like Dr. O'Toole though. He's very confident, almost arrogant, but he knows his stuff. The clinic is like a 5 star hotel inside. Wow. I thought Aurora was nice. They have a fertility coordinator, Carmen, who is just a sweetheart. I like O'Toole because he's going to have as much of this stuff billed/coded as painful periods, not infertility because then it will more likely get paid by my insurance. I'm not too concerned about that because I've had every other infertility thing covered, but he mentioned several times that he wants to make sure I get the most out of my insurance coverage. A girl I work with has seen O'Toole for a while and said the same thing about him-very confident, but really knows his stuff. (copied and pasted from an email, much faster!)
We're watching reruns of the Cosby Show right now. They just don't make shows like this anymore.
1 comment:
Love a doctor who wants to get the most out of insurance. My OBGYN is always out to screw the insurance companies...LOVE IT!
Post a Comment