Yesterday started badly. The night before last I was feeling pretty miserable and was still bummed yesterday morning. I slept in because I could not get out of bed. On my way into work I rear-ended a car. We were both at a stop sign, turning right, I looked left, didn't see anyone coming and started to accelerate without making
sure the car in front of me was going too. Well they weren't. Luckily it was a big ass Grand Marquis that must be made of steel because I didn't do any damage. I got out of my car, apologizing profusely and the lady looks at the car says she doesn't see anything, says it's ok, and got back in her car. She was so nice and really seemed to take pity on me. I got back into my car and started bawling. I so wanted to turn my car around and just go home, but I didn't. I totally could have turned left and taken off because they just sort of sat there at the stop sign, then turned right, pulled over and waited. So I waited for them. Maybe she was so nice because I didn't take off. I have no idea who she was, but I honestly felt like she was an angel. Maybe God put us in that situation to help me get my head out of my ass.
I've been really crabby and short with Paige today and I don't know why. I took today off because her sitter is closed (getting her wisdom teeth out) and for some reason she has really been irritating. Maybe there's something wrong with me. She's got some new annoying tricks-stomping her foot when she's mad about something, asking questions I just answered, and NOT LETTING ANYTHING DROP!!!! I can say no to something and she will not let it go until I've totally lost my patience and am yelling. Good times.
I'm looking into a program where we pay up front for IVF and get 3 "fresh" cycles and 3 frozen embryo transfers. If we don't get pregnant, we get either 70% to 100% of our money back depending on the clinic we go to. Only problem is, no clinics in Wisconsin participate. I'd have to go to Minnesota or Illinois for the egg retrieval and transfer. I can do the ultrasounds and bloodwork or what they call "monitoring" can be done at a clinic here in Green Bay. I have to find out if there's only certain clinics I can go to or if I can stick with Aurora. I'm not a fan of having to drive to Minneapolis or Highland Park, IL but I'll do it. I think IL would be closer and faster.
Paige has made a new friend in the older girl across the street. She wants to go over there every night and will keep asking if I say no. Tonight we were playing outside at our house and she saw this older girl outside at her house with some other girls. She drops the kite, yells "JEN IS OUTSIDE!!!!" and takes off towards her house, looking before she crossed the street. Um, ok. I guess you're going over there then? I watched her go, all the girls were waving at her and one gave her a hug when she got there. that made me feel better. The other girls are 7-9 years old. My theory is that they love to just play and really don't mind having Paige with. They came over here once and oohed and aahed over her kitchen and started playing with it right away. Then they all went outside and blew bubbles and drew with sidewalk chalk. So she's been there for almost an hour and I have to admit it's quite nice. I just don't want her to wear out her welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment