Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Work With Freaks

I like my job and what I actually do, but I cannot stand my coworkers. Yesterday, I had to make some copies; I get to the copier and it's jammed. Someone had a paper misfeed and rather than attempt to fix it or even put up a note saying "coper jammed" or asking someone for help with it, they just left it for the next person. I was in a huge hurry and our other few copiers are super slow. So I unjammed it. The copier gives you very specific instructions on how to fix it. You just have to be, oh I don't know, responsible for yourself and actually attempt something without someone else holding your hand. So I sent out a bitchy email to everyone saying please don't leave the copier jammed, fix it yourself or ask for help. Kind of sad I have to send that out to a group of adults.

Today one of the economic support workers emails all of us asking if someone took her correction tape. She needs it back because "she makes a mess with the liquid stuff and can't use it." SERIOUSLY?!?!?!!? You are a grown woman!!! My 4 year old would make a mess with liquid white out. You should not.

More car seat appointments yesterday. Our first one pulls up in a 1985 Buick. Yeah. Next car was a 1991 Oldsmobile. They were late because his meeting with his parole officer ran later. I'm sure you hear that excuse a lot. Next one was a no show. After that we had a 1998 Pontiac with a baby named Karma. Yep, Karma. Next one was in a 1993 Saturn with her super fat friend who barely fit in that car. Only the first family had a baby where the mom and baby had the same last name. I am so irritated that I even have to ask for the baby's last name and that 80% of the time it's different than mom's. All of them got their free car seats.

So while we're waiting for the no show (or maybe the one running late from his parole meeting) my co worker, who is our IMMUNIZATION COORDINATOR tells me she's pissed off at our boss for denying her vacation the first 2 weeks of October. October is flu clinic month. It has been for the last 100 years. Our immunization coordinator who coordinates flu clinics wants to take off during flu clinic month. And she's pissed off because our boss denied it.

I hope the economy improves soon so I can look for another job. I can't keep working with these yahoos.

1 comment:

M said...

Precisly why I like working with all men out here. I don't have that kind of shit.

LOL at Karma...one of El and Sal's preschool friends is Karma.