I have worked so hard these past two days for this 5K walk/run that I helped plan. It was this morning. Yesterday about 9 of us set up for it all day, putting packets together, putting route and parking signs, kid's run signs, gathering all the supplies that the volunteers would need, etc. I was the volunteer coordinator, so I had to kind of know everything that was going on; where do the parking and the route director people go? where do the timers and the water stop people go? where should I put this or that when I'm done with it?, etc. Thank god it's over! We had a fairly decent turnout, about 100 people. I'm hoping for a lot more next year, it's so much work to plan one of those things. We have a 5K, 1/2 mile kids run, a couple of different raffles, food and water for the runners, kids activities like balloon making, t-shirt decorating, bean bag toss, and a cookout.
On another subject, people keep asking when #2 is coming along and we say a long time yet, but I'm seriously starting to wonder if we'll ever want another one. Me staying at home is not an option financially or for my mental health, and I can't imagine getting 2 ready for daycare and paying for 2 in daycare. Plus the extra work of another one. On the other hand, I get sad thinking that I'll never ttc again, find out i'm pregnant again, be pregnant again, or have another baby. I just don't know if we'll ever be ready to have 2. Paige is more than we can handle some days, and I don't know if I want a big age gap between our kids. I don't know how some women do it that have kids 1 or 2 years apart. I'd really like to have a boy for Mike, and I myself would like to raise a boy, I just don't know if we can handle 2 little ones.
Paige is in bed right now and my to do list is about a million miles long, but I'm going to sit on my ass and watch tv or read for a little bit and then go to bed. Luckily my wonderful husband is going to let me sleep in tomorrow. Paige has a cold and has been waking up at the god awful hour of 5:30 these past few mornings. But she has gotten used to our little routine of Mike getting her up on the weekends while I sleep. They eat pancakes together and then I wake up later and he cooks some for me. I'm a lucky girl!
2 comments:
Ohhhhhhhhh to be able to sleep in and dh do something for a change, that's happened ummmmmmmmmm oh yea right never rofl. Owell, I get used to early mornings now. I hear ya on not being able to handle more than one little monster, they are great, but some people just know their limits. There's nothing wrong with having an only child in my eyes, would I sometimes like another for Jenna to play with ? sure, but then I give my head a shake and know I couldn't do it lol. Whatever choice you make it'll be the right one for you :)
I called for you while you were at the race. I told Mike it was one of your YaYa's. LOL.
I kwym about baby #2. You'll just know if/when you're ready.
Post a Comment