It was so hot today, but we really had fun. My parents got here about 9:30 or so, and we played outside for a bit, then took Paige to the park. Got home, ate lunch, put Paige down, then I chatted with my mom for a while. Her and Dad are really doing well. This whole thing has been a wake up call for him and he really appreciates my mom so much more now. Their marriage is probably stronger than it ever has been.
So then I ran a few errands in town, got home and filled up Paige's pool. We spent the rest of the afternoon outside in her pool and running around the yard. She had a ball with Grandma and Grandpa!
Then my dad grilled potatoes and cheddarwurst on the grill and they were delicious! Paige even ate a whole cheddarwurst! Cut up and dipped into parmesan cheese, of course. She discovered parmesan cheese the other night when we were having spaghetti and has been hooked ever since. I have to put some in a little bowl and she dips EVERYTHING in there! Even my caramel corn rice cakes and banana bread. Yuk. But as long as she's eating other foods besides a PB&J, I'm not complaining. She even ate a bunch of grapes before bed. Do they go through a growth spurt at 2? If so, I think Paige is having one. She's eating constantly and seems to be sleeping a little more than normal.
This is like family weekend for me. My sister is coming up tomorrow and spending tomorrow night. Mike is gone for the weekend, so it's nice to have company here to fill up the time. Paige and I kind of get sick of each other when it's just the two of us.
No pix of the new do yet. I didn't shower today and was looking pretty rough so I sure didn't want anyone taking pictures of me.
It's supposed to be really hot again tomorrow so I'm sure we'll be out in the pool quite a bit again. I'm tempted to just put on my swimsuit and get in there with her! Don't want to scare the neighbors though.
2 comments:
* tapping foot waiting for new hair do pics *
oh puh-leeeeeze! We need pix of the new do! And you look mah-velous too! Just get in the pool with Paige!
I don't know about another growth spurt but Stef took a 3-1/2 hour nap yesterday (which is unheard of). I haven't noticed any increased food consumption though. We'll have to keep comparing notes.
Post a Comment