Monday, June 12, 2006

Books I'm Reading

After working at a car seat check in Green Bay on Saturday morning, I stopped at Barnes and Noble to pick up a few books. One of my message boards is for Catholic families and we're starting an on-line book study of "Catholicism for Dummies." I'm born and raised Catholic and it's scary how little I know about my faith. So I signed up for the book study and picked up the book. We're reading a chapter a week, and I read my chapter yesterday. It was GREAT! I learned more in those 10 pages than I ever knew growing up. I also picked up The Happiest Toddler on the Block as I feel like Paige and her sassy mouth are taking over our household and I'm not sure what to do about it. One of my girlfriend's at work brought me a book she read called "Raising Your Spirited Child" so I'm going to check that one out too. I bought a few books at rummage sales over the weekend too. I LOVE to read, and don't have nearly enough time to do it.

Our weekend was really nice. Friday was a beautiful day and we had a couple of high school girls (Abby and Carrie) come over in the morning that are going to baby sit Paige. Paige was of course her shy self but seemed to warm up to them towards the end. She even gave them a hug and kiss goodbye! Carrie came back over that night to baby sit so Mike and I could go see a band we really like. Paige was already in bed when she came over so it was easy money for her. She baby sits for a family that has 4 kids that are 4, 3, 2, and 1 so I think she'll be able to handle Paige! On Saturday I worked at the car seat check and stopped at Barnes and Noble. Also got myself a Starbucks latte. If we lived in Green Bay, I'd be at that store everyday! I LOVE Starbucks! I could get a coffee and read books in peace...aahh heavenly! Then we went back down to Green Bay that night to get some flowers and go to eat with some friends. Sunday I planted petunias along side of my house, and then daisies in a flower bed by my garden. Also did a bunch of laundry, played outside with Paige, and took her to the park. After supper, we were outside bumming around, and a woman was walking her little guy in a stroller and she came up to us and asked how our house selling was going because they have their house for sale too. I said it was going nowhere and we chit chatted for a while. Her son is two and I told her I have off on Fridays if they ever wanted to come over. It would be nice to have a friend in the neighborhood, they only live about 3 or 4 houses down from us.

Paige slept until after 7am this morning which was wonderful! She's been waking up before 6am and demanding to be out ASAP which makes getting ready for work quite the adventure. It was kind of nice getting ready without saying "yes that's mama's makeup, yes mama's drying her hair, no don't touch that, Paige put that down, just a minute, yes we'll brush your teeth, hold on I'll make another waffle, etc. etc. etc."

Better get some work done today. My voicemail light is blinking and my desk is a mess. Gotta love those Monday mornings!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Rofl sounds like me getting ready for work, thank god she lets me put her in the playpen and watches a video while I shower, we too start our day at about 6am, sigh.......... owell, they are cute so its ok :)

Terri said...

Please let me know what you think of the Happiest Toddler book. I had checked out that one and Baby Whisperer for Toddlers from the library but didn't have time to read them before they were due back, so I put that project on the back burner.

Anything that works for Paige will HAVE to work for Stef and Jenna (our little long distance triplets)

Koren said...

That too sounds like me getting ready. It's always, Ian get out of that, no mommy doesn't need that yet, or best of all....he likes to bring me a pantyliner and tries to stick it to me while I am getting ready. Guess he has seen me do that one too many times. Oops. Sounds like you had a nice weekend!