Got there around 5pm, found our seats and ate some supper. Carrots, mashed potatoes and beef tips. I think I'm going to like this VIP business! Got a mug and got it filled with beer for free. I think I'm REALLY going to like VIP!
Josh Turner was the first show we saw. He's had about 3 songs out on the radio, but he has a really good voice. It's low and deep. His show was OK. Then Gary Allen came on at 8:30pm. He put on a great show! He's more of a rocker kinda guy, really intense. I loved it. Then Rascall Flatts came on at 10:30pm. WHOA!!!! Probably one of my all time favorite shows. They really entertained the crowd and those boys can sing.
Like last year, the grounds are set up horribly. There's only one exit, so you feel like cattle being herded out along with 40,000 other people. They have about 20 people directing you into your parking spot, but at midnight when 20,000 cars are leaving, there's no traffic directors to be found. There's about 12 lines of traffic merging into one lane, and you have to leave the grounds in the lane you're in. We got so lost last night because there's no signs directing you back to the highway. We ended up way on the south side of Oshkosh when we're trying to go north. Extremely frustrating.
The weather was perfect, unlike last year when it was SUPER hot. It was upper 70's with a hazy sunshine. The only problem was that it got pretty cold last night. We had light cotton jackets, but we'll have to remember our fleece pullovers tonight.
Tonight is Blackhawk, Billy Dean, Charlie Daniels Band and Montgomery Gentry. I CANNOT WAIT for Montgomery Gentry. They are so good!
Our seats are pretty good, we're about 23 rows back from the stage. I didn't bring a camera, but my friend did so hopefully we'll get some good pix!
6 comments:
Wow Sara, sounds like a great time!! Have fun tonight!!!!
Sounds like a wonderful time!!! Hopefully, chat with you Monday!!!
w00t drink lots for me too !
I'm glad you had fun. The only name I recognize from the lineup was Charlie Daniels Band.
Where is Friday's synopsis?? Don't you know that without chat, we are left to stalk your blog??
I'm and Green with envy! Enjoy! and happy birthday!!!
Post a Comment