OK, I had intentions of blogging every day at my friends house to give a report of the previous day's concerts, but that didn't happen.
Anyway, Montgomery Gentry was my favorite show. My friend, Erica, got the best pictures of them. I can't wait to get them back! Neil McCoy was good too, and Toby Keith was just OK. He's just too arrogant for me.
Erica and I had the best time together. We went last year too, but this year we really bonded. We never got sick of each other, and just had so much fun. We went shopping, went out for lunch one day, she took me out to breakfast on my birthday and went over to her boyfriends' house a couple of times. We giggled CONSTANTLY! I think her boyfriend and his cousin that stopped over thought we were smoking something, but we were just high on coffee, I guess!
VIP seats were totally worth it, even though we had some real losers around us. There was this one old bag who was extremely heavy and kept yelling at the girls next to her to sit down because she couldn't stand and see the screen or the stage because they were standing. She made a miraculous recovery during the Toby Keith show when she stood the entire 90 minute show. Interesting. She also yelled at the girls behind her during a slow song because they were talking too loud and she couldn't hear the music over them. There's a handicap section right next to VIP and she had a cane, so why didn't she sit there? We also had a couple of women in their 60's right next to us who didn't seem to appreciate our constant giggling, yee-hawing, and who hooing during the shows. Like Erica said, you can't tell me they have Montgomery Gentry's "Hell Yeah" blasting in their cars. But they stayed for EVERY show, even though the headliners didn't start until 10:30 and didn't end until midnight.
So I turned 30 on Sunday and I think I'm OK with it. It came and went and I don't feel any different. What are you going to do?
Paige really missed me! She has been extra clingy on me and wanting my constant attention. She was so cute tonight. We were pulling weeds and the dead flowers in my petunia flower bed and she insisted on putting on my old pair of gardening gloves because she saw me wearing my new ones. So I'd pull the weeds, put them in a pile and she'd pick them up (wearing my gloves) and put them in the bucket. When the piles got too far from the bucket, she asked that I move it. Of course, she was covered in dirt, but she looked so darn cute. We were probably out there for at least a half hour. It's amazing what will entertain them.
Off to bed. I slept like shit last night because I was used to sleeping from 2am-10am the past few days. I looked pretty rough today at work!
3 comments:
Welcome home and Happy Belated Bday ! Your an official cougar now welcome to the club :)
Sounds like you had a great time! I hope you gave those old women an ear full. You don't go to a country festival to sit on your ass and be quiet!!
Happy belated Birthday!!! The festival sounds like a blast, glad you had such a good time.
Post a Comment