I had a follow up appointment with Dr. Severino today. He came right out and said that our best option is IVF. He reviewed my HSG and said the dye was sluggish going through my tubes. It didn't spill out freely like it should have. I don't know why Dr. Gibson see that, but whatever. They don't know why my tubes are swollen, but they are. I may have had some sort of infection that damaged them. I have a feeling it was caused by my ovarian cyst that was endometriosis. So IUI won't really help us that much because my eggs may not be coming down my tubes to be ready for Mike's swimmers.
IVF is really the best option because it completely bypasses the tubes. The main problem with it is that my insurance doesn't cover it. It costs around $15,000. The success rate is about 52%. I thought briefly about asking my grandma to lend the money to us, but then I remembered that the Catholic church is opposed to IVF and my whole family is super Catholic so that probably won't fly. My parents don't have the money to lend to us and probably wouldn't even if they had. I highly doubt anyone in Mike's family has it for us to borrow. It's also a huge time committment. I would have to go there quite frequently for ultrasounds and blood work, plus give myself injections. I'm ok with all of that and luckily my boss is very flexible. She had infertility issues too so she would know what I'm going through. Right now we have about $300 each left to pay Aurora for my HSG and the chiropracter from Mike's back this past summer. We also have about $2400 left on a CC that paid for our new furnace and car repairs last November. I'm thinking once those are paid off, we can start to save for a part of this. Maybe I can persuade Mike to sell the truck too. I'm even thinking of having a rummage sale this summer. I could make a lot of money from all of Paige's toys and clothes. Maybe we can get $5000-$7500 saved up and put the rest on a low interest CC. Luckily we have really good credit, so getting a low interest CC shouldn't be a problem. We could only do IVF once. If it doesn't work, I don't know what to do. Maybe we'll consider adoption. Again I'm just in a daze. I just can't resign myself to the idea that Paige will be an only child. She is made to be a big sister.
1 comment:
Sara, I've been thinking of you:) I know people always say things happen for a reason & all that other mumbo jumbo. So I'll just say keep your chin up & call me if you need to vent or whatever:) ((((HUGS)))
Post a Comment