I worked at a car seat check on Saturday in Oconto and I know you all have been hanging on the edge of your seats waiting for me to post my entertaining stories. Well, here goes.
At around 8:45 am, a coworker and I are attempting to put up this huge ass sign by the side of the road that says "free car seat check here" when this fat chick pulls up in a huge piece of shit car and says "is this where I get my free car seat because I'm on WIC?" Seriously? Does no one have any dignity any more? The check started at nine and you must know that a huge pet peeve of mine is when people come early for car seat appointments. The appointment is for 2pm, not 1:50pm. There's a difference. I know it's exciting because you're getting free shit, but hold your horses. So I was slightly rude to her and said "well the event starts at 9am, and it will be in the body shop over there." I walk away and continue to wrestle with this huge ass sign in 50 mph winds. When it was up, I go back to the body shop and see fattie fatterson and her husband sitting inside the garage waiting for us to start. It is still not 9am by this point and I'm already po'd. Unfortunately I get stuck with her and she proceeds to tell me that she has a 6 year old (who is not there), a 4 year old (a homely fat child) and #3 due in 2 weeks. The older 2 are in boosters that she paid $1 for at a rummage sale. "I couldn't pass them up" she says. Ok, so your kids are worth $1 a piece, got it. Right away, I'm praying that we can get three car seats in the back seat of this car. It was a Jetta that had to have been from the 80's. The backseat was full of shit and I made the dad clean up all the crap that was on the floor of the car. We literally would not have been able to stand on the floor of the backseat, it was that full of crap. Once I got in the backseat, I wanted to cry. It was awful. Crumbs, shoes, socks, etc. It doesn't sound bad, but it was just disgusting. I was honestly afraid to touch anything. Oh yeah and the mom was still wearing her pajamas. Honestly. So this deadbeat mom and dad got three free car seats from us, and luckily they all fit in the backseat.
My second vehicle was a grandma who really had no business driving. She couldn't pull into one of our slots because she "couldn't steer." Oh, ok. So she sort of just pulled in and we had to somehow arrange the other cars around her. She had her 11 month old granddaughter with her still in the infant seat, the straps were completely off her shoulders and it was in super loose. She needed a new free seat because her daughter was due with #2 in a few weeks and needed the infant seat for baby #2. Sure, let's just keep popping babies out. She was pretty nice, but was definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
The last one wasn't so bad. A really nice mom with a fairly well behaved kid. The only thing was his name was Colton which I really hate. When I asked how to spell it, she said Koltyn. Why? Really, why are we doing this to our kids?
So my mom made me cry tonight. I was on my way to my friend Lisa's house for supper and she called. She asked how my appointment went on Friday and I said not good and told her why. So she launched into her "IVF is evil" monologue and really pissed me off. I said something about Kristin living with Tom before they were married and she said she didn't like that either. Whatever. I very clearly remember her saying she didn't like it, but Kristin "doesn't do well alone." UGH. So I told my mom that we are going to have another child somehow and if we go the IVF route, I'm not telling her. Sounds immature, but I'm so pissed about this.
On that note, I've decided to get a 2nd opinion. I'm going to call Women's Speciality Care and ask to have another HSG. I just don't understand how Dr. Gibson could have not seen any problems with my HSG and Dr. Severino said the dye spill was sluggish and that I have swollen tubes. Dr. Severino never mentioned anything about possibly repairing my tubes. On the Women's Speciality Care website, they mention surgery to repair the tubes if there is a good chance to restore fertility.
My friends rock! I had a ton of responses to when I posted on FB what happened on Friday. I knew I had good friends, but it's nice to know just how much people care. Thanks guys!!!
2 comments:
Oh Sara, I'm sorry your Mom made you cry. And you didn't even say anything tonight. I think the second opinion is a great idea. WSC is a great clinic. I see Dr. Coussons and he is WONDERFUL as I know all the Drs. in that clinic are. Oh, and thanks for the laughs. Always love the car seat check stories.
I wasn't ignoring your Facebook, I just don't know what to say. I wish there was something I could do.
On the mom front, I'm sorry. That's one of the problems I have with organized religion. No one can tell another person how they should have a child...period.
Post a Comment