So on our way home tonight Paige notices that the kid across the street who also goes to Sandi's for daycare is outside playing with her friends. She's 9 and has always been very sweet to Paige, treating Paige almost like a little sister. She's out there playing kickball with her friends and Paige wants to go over there and play. Paige is 4, almost 5. I can tell these kids are all between 8-10. I didn't know what to do because I'm trying to "toughen" Paige up a little bit and get her to play with other kids, but these kids could destroy her in kickball. UGH, what to do what to do. So I say no at first. She cries and keeps looking out the window. She announces that they aren't playing kickball anymore. So I change my mind and let her go. I told her she had to walk over there by herself and that I wasn't going with her. She agreed, so I watched her walk across the street and their yard. Now I'm sort of enjoying a quiet house, but totally weirded out by the fact that I can't see her. I'm assuming she is in the neighbor girl's house, but it's still weird. My baby is growing up.
Last night I was so proud of her! This probably won't sound like a big deal, but we were at a potluck supper with my mom's group. There were 3 other kids there around her age. Usually Paige stays either on my lap or attached to my hip. After she picked at her supper, she announced that she wanted to go upstairs and play with the kids. BREAKTHROUGH!!!! I couldn't believe it. We've been in this mom's group for 2 1/2 years and gone to many a playdate and potluck supper and it's always been the same-Paige not leaving my side. So for her to get up, go out of my eyesight and play with the kids the rest of the night was HUGE. School is definitely having a positive effect on her.
AGH I'm so stressed about daycare and my work schedule. My sitter is closed 4 days in April, the 9th, 10th and 13th because she's having her wisdom teeth out the 24th because she is going out of town. Well the 10th is no big deal because it's Good Friday and I'm off anyway. My dad is babysitting for Dylan EVERY DAY because Kristin has a long term sub job starting on the 13th through the end of the school year. I can probably flex my schedule around the 9th and or 13th, like take a personal day on the 9th, and work Friday the 17th and take Monday the 13th off, but I absolutely need someone on the 24th. I have a super important work meeting in Appleton, so I'm going to see if my dad can meet me in Appleton and I can drop Paige off with him there. All of this is making me really want to switch to the daycare center in town, but my emotions are getting to me. Her sitter is the only daycare she's had since she was 3 months old. They are very attached to each other and I know Sandi truly loves Paige. But all the other kids have some sort of back up for their kids like older siblings, grandparents, etc., but we don't. It's just getting too hard and stressful and I'm the one that always has to make the arrangements. The other thing that sucks about her daycare is that she's closed June 29th-July 3rd, so I either HAVE to take vacation that week or ask my parents to watch her. Or have her switched to the daycare center by then. Normally I wouldn't mind taking vacation then, but I want to take the next week off so I can send her to Safety Town in GB. I have to bring her there at 9am and pick her up at 12pm. It's at one of the schools, I can't remember which one. I'll just kill time in GB every day-I'm good at that. They teach all kinds of stuff that I haven't taught her yet because I don't know how. They'll make it much less scary. UGH so much to think about and plan. And I just have one, I'm not sure how I'll manage when I have 2.
Another dilemma. This chick from my mom's group who I pretty much cannot stand friend requested me on FB and I denied it. That was Sunday. She friend requested me again. I'm going to deny it again. Maybe that sounds mean but seriously this woman is unbelievably annoying.
OK off to cook chicken fajita pizza for supper. YUM!!!
2 comments:
I can't believe how big they are getting!!
Is there anyway they daycare in town would let you use them just as a backup?? I know lots of families go on vacation around that time and they may have a slot open just for that week.
Orrrrr, what would your parents think of keeping her that whole week. It could be like a vacation for you both.
Throw her in a box and over night her to me! Actually, I am having the same problems....UGH
Post a Comment