OK so 2 days ago, I had my windows open and could hear the birds sweetly singing outside, now we're stuck inside while Snowstorm Kyle pounds us. At least there's good basketball on-Duke vs. UNC. I'm a huge Duke fan.
So I have 8 followers and people reading my blog that I didn't know read it. I've said some very judgemental, honest and possibly abrasive statements here. This is my place to vent and I hope these readers won't think less of me or think I'm a freak. Maybe you people already think I'm a freak!
Tomorrow is our appointment with Dr. Severino. I need to make a list of what questions to ask. I'm nervous about the appointment and I don't know why. I know my mom loves me a lot but she keeps asking about every step we've taken along the way including Mike's SA. It's starting to get annoying. My mom and sister are super Catholic and have both given me grief about IVF and how the unused embryos are destroyed. My sister went so far as to say if we have to have IVF, there'll be "tension" in our family. Tough shit. She has no clue what we are going through. Last time I checked living together before marriage wasn't exactly kosher with the Catholic church but she and Tom did it. My parents hardly batted an eye when she moved in with him, but if I bring a life and another grandchild for them into the world using IVF....whoo boy, that's a grave sin. Hopefully it won't even get to that point, but I'm not closing doors on anything. I want to carry another baby.
Am feeling kind of bad because we made plans to go to a friend's house this afternoon but we called a little while ago and cancelled. I really just felt like being lazy and staying home to watch this Duke game. I know most of you will think I'm a freak for cancelling plans to watch a bball game, but I heart bball. Also Paige actually napped this afternoon for about an hour (Mike and I made the most of it too, =)) until about 3pm and I just didn't feel like venturing out of the house at that time in this snow. They were going to have a fish fry but we know how they operate. They'll start cooking around 6pm and we won't eat until 8pm. It's a school night, Paige needs a bath and I want to watch DH at 8pm. We really shouldn't have even made the plans in the first place. Usually I like getting out of the house on the weekends, but today I just wanted to be home.
Yesterday, I took Paige to Hotel for Dogs, then to Fazoli's for lunch and then out to Kristin and Tom's. Tom and Mike went fishing so I knew Kristin might be bored. It's just so hard to have Paige and Dylan together. Paige wants to hold him all the time and play with him, but she's RIGHT up in face and he's just too squirmy for her to hold. Then she gets jealous because we're giving Dylan too much attention. That part probably is true, but I just love seeing him! He's such a sweetie and getting more and more fun now that he's smiling and cooing.
Paige just flew up here to tell me she hit a home run out of the park in Wii baseball..."for real." She's so dang cute. She was so good in church today. Did kid's gospel for most of it and then kept herself occupied with a word find. I had to help her quite a bit, but she did really well with it.
I really should sew, clean out the back bedroom, list some clothes on ebay, etc. but I really just feel like sitting here. I always think I'm going to get to that stuff on Friday afternoons but I never do.
1 comment:
A Duke fan???
Say it aint so!!!
Post a Comment