But you can afford to eat fast food ALOT?!?!? Yet another round of "Losers, Come Get Your Free Car Seats" today. Only three this time but they were all winners.
10am: Mom and kid have the same last name but only because dad is, according to mom, "MIA". The kid's name is Romin (not a typo), he's three, has a blonde mullet, (mom said she should have put his hair in a ponytail) doesn't talk and is homlier than homely. If you have to tell your 3 year old SON "I should have put your hair in a ponytail" there's something wrong. His hair was past his collarbone. Oh and he dug through my purse, pulled out my hand sanitzer and turned on my mp3 player. He got into the syrup container from their fast food breakfast (french toast sticks) and was all sticky then. She tells us she bought her car seats from Once Upon a Child because she couldn't afford them otherwise. OK, but you can afford fast food breakfast? STAY HOME AND EAT!!!! Breakfast is like the cheapest meal of the day. I make instant oats with brown sugar in it. A huge ass thing of those oats is CHEAP.
10:45 am: Mom couldn't remember how to spell her daughter's name (Arista, like the record company) and her birthday. She claimed it was "too early in the morning" for questions like this. Seriously, I can't make this stuff up people. That one really torked me because I'd been up for 5 hours at this point already, worked out, got ready, dropped the kid off at daycare and worked for almost 3 hours. 10:45am....too early. PUH-LEEZE. 1 1/2 year old kid in a booster. She weighed 30 pounds. So she got a free Graco Nautilus from us because her kid is fat and she is on WIC. $150 car seat. As I'm adjusting the seat for the kid, she walks up to me eating a french fry. Gee, I wonder why you weigh 30 pounds?
11:30am: 3 adults (2 guys and 1 girl) in a 1982 Camry. It's the middle of a weekday. Get a job!!!! I lean in to check on the baby and how he is riding and this wall of cigarette smoke hits me. It's like they all just smoked 10 packs with the windows rolled up. I wanted to cry. Baby is sleeping so peacefully. One of the guys keeps staring at me and giving me the creeps. I can't tell who this kid's parents are. We find out that one of the guys is her boyfriend, she calls him the dad, but he's not the biological dad. The kid is 7 months. So in a little over a year, you get pregnant by one guy, but start dating another one seriously enough that you call him the dad? UGH. Oh yeah and his name is Leland. Leland. What is wrong with people?!?!!? The seat goes in pretty well but I cannot get over the cigarette smoke smell. I hear mom tell my coworker how he has sleep apnea and was 3 weeks early, oh and that he has a cold. Gee, maybe the fact that he's surrounded by cigarette smoke has something to do with it?!?!?!?! They prop the bottle up for the kid and he's fussing because he can't get it right. So I hold the bottle up for him and listen to his sweet baby noises as he sucks away. I wanted to cry as they drove away. Poor kid doesn't have a chance.
What is wrong with our system? Or maybe it's what is wrong with our society? Why are girls spending money on fast food, cell phones, cigarettes, etc. and not on life saving equipment for their babies?
1 comment:
Scary. They are raising our future
Post a Comment