Well I sat here and debated whether or not I should blog about this, but hell I'm going to. It's my blog. I have a major insecurity issue about being left out of stuff. I didn't have a ton of friends in high school and often felt left out and I think that has really affected me. When I see that friends are planning nights out or weekends away without me, it drives me crazy. I sit here and fret about why I wasn't asked to go and become jealous that I'm not with them. Some of these said friends read this blog and this is not an invitation for a pity party. I'm sitting here stressing about this very issue right now and this blog is my place to vent. I think we all have this deep need to feel included and I guess mine is really strong. I think part of the problem is that I have nothing planned for the weekend. But I don't really want to plan anything either because I want to watch basketball all weekend. AGH.
I think I'm just feeling sorry for myself because Mike is going fishing after work so it's just me and Paige all day, except for the three hours this afternoon while she's at work. I asked my friend Carrie to get together today after our girls are done with school but she has to work. The weather got crappy this afternoon so we won't really be able to play outside.
Found out that my bloodwork was all normal, and the only issue with my culture was that I tested positive for group B strep so more antibiotics. Yippee, another yeast infection. Everytime I take antibiotics lately I get a yeast infection. So annoying. So our next appointment is next week Friday with Dr. Severino to discuss our next steps in more detail. We'll do insemination, but I'm just not sure how medicated I want it to be.
One day this week I was browsing the Post Crescent online and there were pictures of the 1974 Hortonville teacher's strike. My dad was a scab/replacement teacher and taught there until he resigned three years ago. It was an extremely bitter strike that got national media attention. There was even an article in Time Magazine about it. The cops had to escort the replacement teachers in and out of school every day because the striking teachers were so bitter. It divided the town. I talked to my mom a little bit about it last night and she said it was basically the worst time in their marriage. They were brand new to this tiny town (pop. 1500), newlyweds, and she said she never knew what kind of reaction she'd get when they told people what my dad did. Do a google search of the Hortonville teacher's strike, it's just unreal. One day the striking teachers sat in the driveway of the school, blocking the busses so they couldn't pull in and drop the kids off. They were arrested.
Off to get the kid from the bus stop.
1 comment:
Don't feel alone. I have the same issues. I feel so left out when I hear of fun times that all my old friend's are having or have had.
Post a Comment