Monday, November 24, 2008

When It Rains It Pours

So because Mike was out of town this weekend, I guess the universe decided to conspire against us and break stuff in our house. The wash machine stops in mid cycle, leaving me with a load of semi-dirty clothes soaking in water and not moving. I have to keep turning the dial until I find a spot where it will keep moving on to the spin cycle. I think the dirty clothes are onto me and are multiplying as we speak.

As I backed out of the garage on Saturday night to go to my friend Amy's house for supper, the garage door opener blinked a bunch of times and would not close. It was pretty freaky looking. Mike has a bunch of expensive fishing stuff in there so I didn't want to leave it open while we were gone. So I shut it manually, but couldn't figure out how to lock it. So on Sunday I had to get out and open and shut it manually when we went out. Not fun.

Then I'm driving our truck because we are under strict orders from our mechanic not to drive the Taurus until it's been aligned. The power locks on the truck don't work which doesn't sound like a big deal, but it really is a huge pain in the ass. Plus only the passenger side door opens to the back seat so I always have to go around to that side to get Paige. The power locks not working wouldn't bother me too much, but you have to get the key in the lock JUST RIGHT for it to open. UGH. Couple this with Paige asking EVERY SINGLE TIME I put her in the car seat "are you going around the front of the truck mama, or the back?", I was really sick of driving the truck. Paige has suddenly developed this phobia about being alone in a vehicle and not being able to see either of us. She usually screams from the time we shut the door until we get in.

On Saturday night I get a call from Mike saying that he shot a doe, but as his group was cutting up the deer, one of his cousins basically just about sliced his fingers off (Mike's, not the cousin's). This is why it's important not to drink when weilding knives. Mike claimed that it wasn't that big of a deal, but I ordered him to go to an urgent care to get stitches the next day. Promising he would, I hung up and hoped for the best. Sunday I get a message from him saying that he went to the ER in Rice Lake because the urgent cares would have cost the same as the ER and you're supposed to get stitches in a cut within 12 hours after, not 24 like Mike thought. So yeah, that bill won't be expensive AT ALL.

I know I just went off on how we can afford to do what we want when we want, but I am seriously stressed about money now. Here's why:
$1600 for the Taurus (about $600 more than we thought)
$2000 for the new furnace
$400 for a new washer (most likely)
$375 for Paige's 2nd tuition payment due right after Christmas
$350 (guess) for our land taxes, due at the end of January
$1000 for my medical bills at Aurora (at least I met my deductible)
$500 for Mike's chiropracter, at $50 a month
$400 left at CMH for my ingrown toenails and bladdar infection

Oh yeah and Christmas!!!! The first three are going to be paid for by a cash advance on a credit card. Not thrilled about that but it's at 3% interest and we had to do it. No other options, since our house didn't appraise high enough for a home equity line of credit.

Here's an FYI for ya, HSG tests are expensive!!!! Plus another $50 to get the Taurus aligned. I'm getting that done Friday morning. At least I've met my deductible, so I'm calling a podiatrist tomorrow to get in this year yet for my plantar facitis and 3rd ingrown toenail in less than a year. I'm tempted to have him remove the whole damn nail. And my next progesterone test will be covered too. I think I'm going to be paying Aurora for the rest of my life.

I hear the kid crying, almost her bedtime THANK GOD. She has been a bear today. She's probably mad at us for sending her to daycare, ha ha.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Hi Sara!
I visited your blog before and recently returned. You are such a funny writer. You are funny is "real life" too, so I guess that makes sense. I will like you to my blog as well. Good luck with all of your tests and I hope to see you soon... it's been awhile.

Gina said...

I meant to say "link" not "like." Gah!