Last night at 10pm, Barack Obama was named the 44th President of the United States. Mike and I watched the election coverage most of the night and could tell that Obama was going to win, but it was still so exciting when it was officially "called."
I was undecided at first, then watched the debates and did some research and decided to vote for Obama. Mike bashed Sarah Palin constantly and I always got on his case for it. But after learning more about her and hearing how she charged many personal trips to her travel expenses as the Alaska governor, forcing the taxpayers to pay for her family trips, that put me over the edge.
Once I made up my mind that Obama was the man, I became a big fan of his! He is so charasmatic, and I can really see him leading our country out of this huge mess. I also agree with where we stands on many issues. As a Catholic, it was difficult to vote for someone who is very pro-abortion, but there were other issues, namely the economy, the war in Iraq, and health care that are so much more important. So now I'm very excited and hopeful for our country's future. I think Obama will be an excellent leader. I think any Republican that ran would have lost after the last 8 years of GW the worst fuck up in American history.
So if I have any readers who support John McCain, I'm curious what made you support him. Out of my, you know, 5 readers, this could be a long shot, but who knows. I'm honestly curious, I'm not trying to start an argument.
What other exciting news do I have to share with my 5 readers? I'm very close to getting a positive OPK! Today is day 14 of my cycle and have been expecting to get a +OPK, but I haven't gotten a thing since Sunday. Tonight, I started to get a second line...yahoo! So guess what we'll be doing the next few nights. =)
I've worked out every night this week! YAHOO again! Tonight I did a strength training workout for the first time in a long time. It felt really good to lift weights.
2 comments:
I voted for him too, so I can't really say.
My family is mostly Republican, with many of them being hardcore.
I don't follow a party though, I pick who I like.
I just got a bad vibe from McCain and Palin and when I started researching issues, it wasn't a contest.
I think we need new and fresh ideas and I think that's what we'll get, at least that's what I hope we get.
I voted for him as well. Pretty much based on the fact that McCain really shot himself in the foot by choosing Palin as a running mate. McCain is an old dude, if he drops dead, do I want Hockey Mom running the country? UM...NOT!
As you said, pretty much the Republicans could have put anyone in McCain's spot to run, and they would have lost.
Post a Comment