Holy shit, I just checked wbay.com and the wind chill is 18 degrees. WTF?
I did another Turbo Jam workout the other day...LOVE IT! So glad I got that DVD. I'm going to try the Turbo Sculpt tomorrow. No workouts this weekend. We raked the yard today so I'm counting that. Plus I did a ton of walking around while shopping yesterday and my heel was hurting.
Friday was my usual day off with Paige. We annoyed the crap out of each other all morning, then joyfully bid each other adieu at her bus stop. I frolicked into my house with glee at the thought of another 3 hours of a quiet house all to myself. Took pictures of a bunch of crap that I'm going to list on ebay, and then listed a couple of things. We need money BAD.
I'm so stressed about medical bills right now. We are currently paying $50 a month for Mike's chiropracter care this summer ($500 total so it will take us almost a year to pay off), we still owe for my ingrown toenail removal this summer (that was around $450), $80 for a recent trip to Urgent Care for another UTI that I had, $150 for the dentist for me from last month, and I really don't want to think about how much all this stuff with Dr. Gibson is going to cost. We've already gotten a $166 dollar bill from 2 different lab tests he ran at my office visit last month. Plus my HSG and now this week I'm having a progesterone blood test. Part of the problem is that we went on my insurance starting September 1st thinking it would be so great. We failed to notice that basically all labs, x-rays and other services are subjected to our $1000 individual deductible or $2000 family deductible and then covered 100%. The ingrown toenail and chiropracter stuff happened on Mike's insurance. We really were so stupid and should have waited until the first of the year to switch insurances. I'll probably just hit the $1000 mark at the end of the year and then start all over next year. I'm really not sure about the dentist bill. The first EOB from my insurance looked like all $400 worth of my services at the dentist were covered. I just got a different one from the insurance on Friday that said I owe like $150. Whatever. I'll just wait for the bill and go from there. The good thing about my insurance is that I can get a 90 day supply of my happy pills for $30, where on Mike's insurance it was $45/month. So we're saving about $100 right there. Plus we each get $150 in vision materials per year which is nice since we each wear contacts and glasses and routine vision exams are covered 100%. Infertility is covered 100% after the deductible. So if we have to pursue the infertility route, it won't be insanely expensive. Office visit copays on my insurance are $10, where Mike's is $30. So if Paige has an ear infection or something, it will only cost us $10, plus the prescription will be cheaper. Our premiums are about the same cost so I guess it comes out in the wash. But what's really nagging me is that whenever I've gone to the doctor in the past on Mike's insurance, I've only paid the $30 co pay and nothing else for lab, bloodwork, etc. The only thing is that with my $10 co pays, that if I ever decide to see a therapist (which I should, I have emotional eating issues) it will only be $10 per visit. I saw one last year and it was $30 a visit and I was going weekly for a while. My ingrown toenail is ingrown again, I think I have another UTI, and I really should get my heel checked out for plantar facitis.
On top of all the medical bills, we need a new furnace, the Taurus needs tires, and the Taurus also needs a bunch of front end work. We're going to slap all this on one of our CC's then transfer it to a no interest card and pay it off in one year. Not a huge fan of doing that but we both have awesome credit scores, and we didn't get the home equity line of credit so we have no other options. Wells Fargo Financial has contacted us about some short term loans but they have insanely high interest rates so I don't want to go that route.
I am so demented about money. We really need to save save save right now, but because I am feeling the pressure to save, I go out and spend a shitload of money. I'm like a defiant teenager-oh yeah? I'll show you who's going to save money!!! In the last week, I bought three pairs of pants at Old Navy for around $70, spent nearly $50 at Gymboree on pants and 3 pairs of jammies for Paige, $65 on a new pair of tennies for me from zappos.com, $75 yesterday at JCP on 3 new bras, a pair of shoes for Paige, hairspray and this leave in conditioner for Paige's hair, and $15 at Payless for new shoes for Paige. RIDICULOUS. Plus about $20 at Pro Bowl/Suamico Ale House on Saturday for lunch and bowling with Paige and a friend of mine and her daughter. So now Christmas is coming up, our land taxes will be due at the end of January, and Paige's school tuition will be due right after Christmas break. WTF?!?!?!? I have so much more I have to list
I have a bunch more stuff to list on ebay but it's rather time consuming. I'll have to plug away at it this week.
1 comment:
Goodness gracious, slow down and breathe woman!
I don't even wanna start on the whole medical expense/insurance issue, it gets me real pissed, real fast.
Hugs to ya!!
Post a Comment