Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Own Personal MacGyver

I love my husband, I really do. I love the fact that he is fairly handy, and if something is broken around the house, he takes the bull by the horns and fixes it. Even with stitches on his hand and being super tired from the weekend, he tore apart the wash machine and concocted a fix for it consisting of electrical tape and wire. It seems a little iffy to me, but he assures me that it will work. And if it doesn't, then the part we need is only about $25. PHEW!!!! Not looking forward to having to shop for a new washer.

I'm done taking the clomid and did not have any side effects, which I'm happy about. Now it's time to pee on a stick and get the hubby to impregnate me.

In other medical news, I'm going to a podiatrist next week to get my ingrown toenail removed and my left heel evaluated. I think I have plantar facitis which hurts like a mo'fo. May as well take advantage of the fact that I met my deductible this year.

I think I've finally decided what to get Paige for Christmas. We'll get her that Barbie My House and ask my family for furniture for it. I'm also going to ask for the game Hullabaloo and this Play Doh ice cream maker thingie. We'll save the Leapster for her 5th birthday. I can see it really frustrating her right now.

I am so nuerotic. I have this wild hair up my ass that Paige's winter gear MUST MATCH. So I went to Younker's and Kohl's a few weeks ago and got her a black, white and pink jacket, black snowpants, pink boots, and a pink hat and mittens. Adorable. Also ran me about $80. Well last year Mike's dad and stepmom got her a blue winter jacket to wear this year. It fits her fine and looks really cute. Since I'm all stressed about money, I decide to try to find blue snowpants to match her blue jacket and take the other stuff back. After Margarita's last night (YUM-O) I ran to Fleet Farm, Walmart and Shopko and found nothing. Shopping in the big girl section really sucks. The clothes are so much more expensive. So after stressing about this the whole way home, I complain to Mike about it and he tells me to let it go and keep the stuff we have. She can wear the blue jacket and black snow pants on the weekends at home. He also tells me to chill out about her having to match. See why I love this man?

1 comment:

M said...

I SO wish Zack was handy. Hopefully he's handy with some other things also and can get you knocked up soon ;)

Sounds like things are fairly good in Saraland. I hope they stay that way.