Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Busy Busy Day

After stuffing my face at Margarita's last night and enjoying an absolutely huge and delish margarita, I was in no mood to wake up this morning. But I did. Off to Aurora I went for my progesterone blood test. I'm such a wimp about getting blood drawn, but it wasn't too bad. She tried my right arm first but no blood was coming out, so she had to poke my left arm. But I was a trooper. The lab tech was very sweet and made a joke about me never wanting to come in for blood draws again. I made a comment that hopefully the next time I come in, I'll be pregnant. The way she said "ooohhh I hope so" was so sweet and made me tear up. So feeling sorry for myself after sitting in the waiting room with a pregnant woman there for her blood glucose test, I decided to partake in some retail therapy. Kohl's is just way too close to Aurora and I had some things to return, so I felt obligated to go. I got a Christmas ornament for my mom's group Christmas party ornament exchange, 3 new shirts and a new purse. I returned $30 worth of stuff and spent $60. Nice.

Got to work and did not want to be there. After slacking off for most of the day, I left early to get to the sitter's by 4pm. Picked up the kid, went to the high school to get tickets for Cinderella at the high school PAC on Sunday for me, Paige and my friend and her daughter, to my work immunization clinic to get our flu shots (flumist for her, shot for me, my arm hurts) and to the grocery store. All in like 45 minutes. Got home, put up with a cranky kid, threw a pizza in the oven, and went to a 6pm meeting for a committee I signed up for through my church. Three pokes today-ouch. Mike offered to give me a 4th poke, he's so eloquent. I turned him down. Anywho, the committee is called the Family Life Committee and it's the brainchild of our priest. He wants us to plan family events that involve all three of the parishes. We are sort of merged with two other churchs, one about 5 miles away and one about 15. The other people on the committee are really nice and I think it will be fun. Our first event is a Family Game Night on a Friday night. We'll have snacks and refreshments, and people of all ages can play the games that are there-Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit, etc. I'm in charge of making the flyer advertising it.

Came home and Paige was sleeping already. I haven't seen her much the past few days. Mike has been dropping her off at Sandi's in the AM which is AWESOME. But last night I ended up staying late at work and going straight to Margarita's, this morning Mike dropped her off, then we ran errands after work, and I took off again around 6pm and she was sleeping when I got home. But we'll be together all of this weekend and next weekend.

I guess I'll find out about my progesterone test tomorrow sometime. I'm peeing CONSTANTLY which is making me get my hopes up, but my boobs are starting to get sore tonight. I always get sore boobs about a week before my period starts. I was also super cranky today making me think I have PMS, but I think I may have forgotten to take my happy pill this morning. Damn happy pills. I hate it when I forget to take them.

2 comments:

Krista said...

I hope everything goes well with the progesterone test! Happy bd'ing.

M said...

Gracious woman, you need to slow down!