Monday, November 17, 2008

Madison

I leave in a few hours for a work conference in Madison. YIPEE! Two nights, kid free, and husband free in a hotel room all to myself. Heaven.

Our weekend was fun and slightly busy. Took the Taurus to the mechanic to get fixed on Saturday morning. Mike took the dog hunting and left around 11am. Paige and I left for my mom and dad's in the afternoon. Had supper there and went to Appleton to see Beauty and the Beast at Xavier High School. I really enjoyed it! Paige liked it too, but it didn't start until 7:45pm so she was almost asleep at the end. Went to church with them Sunday morning, then headed back home. A friend and her daughter came over in the afternoon and we went to Cinderella at our high school. It was ok, not nearly as good as Beauty and the Beast. Paige was rather antsey and we were both glad when it was over. My friend and her daughter came back over afterwards and stayed for pizza for supper. Paige and Abby play so well together-so cute to watch!

Now I'm here at work and have been a huge slacker. My boss isn't here and I'm leaving soon, so I have taken unproductivity to a new level.

Pregnancy update: My progesterone level is slightly low. It's 11 and it should be 15-20. I'm still not exactly sure why or what that means, but the nurse told me to wait to see if I'm pregnant or not. If I was pregnant, I may have to take progesterone supplements. Well I'm not. I started spotting yesterday. I am waiting for a call back from the nurse now. She suggested Clomid and I'm ready for it. I know the side effects aren't that pleasant, but I don't care. I want another child so badly.

Some chick on my mom's group message board started a post extoling the glories of being a SAHM and I could just puke. Of course like 8 people have responded to it since last night and it's so sickening. I'm ready to post something back, but I'm trying to formulate a thoughtful and intelligent response. They are of the understanding that if the wife can afford to SAH, then she should. Doesn't matter if she WANTS to work...oh no, you made those babies, you stay home with them. So, if you see on facebook that I'm irritated, that's why.

Back to being a nonproductive slacker!

3 comments:

Krista said...

Enjoy your time away! Warn everyone of the Clomid side effects, if you are anything like me, I was a BITCH on it.

SAHM - glorious???...UMMM...No thank you! I will run around like a nut to get my kids where they need to be by 8 am to have 8 hours a day to not to listen to Mommy, I need this, can you do this, will you wipe my butt!!!

M said...

A friend and I had this conversation the other day. I would SO be a SAHM if all the kids were in school. Send them off around 7 then see them again after 3. That I could do.

Linda said...

I'm with Krista & M. I need my own personal space.