Thursday, October 02, 2008

October

Ah, October. This month stirs many memories inside of me, both good and bad.

October 2001: Mike and I got married! October 5, 2001. It was a beautiful day, slightly chilly, but sunny and crisp and the leaves were gorgeous. I bawled like a baby coming up the aisle with my dad and was so thrilled to be marrying Mike!

October 2003: I was newly pregnant and feeling it. I was very sick, threw up several times a day and was overall just plain miserable.

October 2006: CBS #2 (Crazy Bitch Sister, the 2 girls that falsly accused my dad were sisters. How convenient.) falsly accused my dad of sexually assaulting her. The cops arrested my dad around 10pm one night at home. He had a hearing and was bonded out that night on a $10,000 cash bond. Between then and his trial, he couldn't be alone unsupervised with Paige. A horrible time.

October 2007: October 18, 2007 to be more exact. The day my dad was found not guilty. His trial started on October 15, 2007. I will never ever forget October 18, 2007. I tend to look at my life as pre 10/18/07 and post 10/18/07. Every time I look at pictures I think "before" or "after." I hope this goes away. I will also never forget the time on October 18, 2007 that I heard the jury had a verdict to the time we left my mom and dad's after celebrating. I was the first to hear the jury had decided and called my sister. I will never forget my reaction to hearing "not guilty." I literally fell to my knees from sitting on the bench. I will never forget the bright lights of the media cameras or their voices "what do you have to say Dave? No one is saying anything?" when we left the courtroom.

October is just generally a busy month here at work too. Flu clinics and breast cancer awareness month make it busy for me.

I think October 2008 will be a good one! The Brewers are in the playoffs, Mike and I are getting away this weekend for our anniversary, I'm going to see Rascall Flatts in concert next week, and Paige will have a blast trick or treating!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Hope you had a nice anniversary weekend!

M said...

Hope the trip was great!

I'm sure October 2008 will be fantastic!!