Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"Whatcha Doin' Hon?"

OK if Mike asks me this one more time when he can very clearly see what I'm doing, I might have to punch him. Yesterday he came downstairs when I was surfing the net (reading blogs, email, my mom's group message board, etc.) and asked me "whatcha doing?" I was so annoyed I said "what do you think I'm doing? I'm on the computer!!!!!" Seriously. I just wanted a few minutes of peace and quiet and alone computer time, and he comes barging in and then asks me what I'm doing?!?! WTF man?!?!?

Tonight I had our checkbook and a printout of our checking account from online, holding a pen and calculator. He turns to me and goes "whatcha doing hon?" Again, seriously?!?!?

I love that man dearly, but sometimes he just annoys the crap out of me.

So I had my HSG test this morning. It was uncomfortable, but not painful. The worst part was showing my crotch to my new doctor, his medical student, the radiologist, and a student radiologist. I was ready to call some janitors and the registration people in there too. Maybe Miguel, the guy that answered the phone at Dr. Gibson's office when I called to tell him I had my period should have come over too. The dye went streaming through my wide open tubes, so no problems there. It's good because there's no scar tissue and no endometriosis showing up from my ovarian cyst. On the other hand, I wanted an answer to why I wasn't getting pregnant. So now I have to take an OPK to make sure I'm ovulating, then call his office when I get a positive OPK. I guess I go in for bloodwork then to test my progesterone level. I'm going to call my friend tomorrow who is his nurse to confirm this. Maybe Miguel will answer the phone again when I call to tell him I got a positive OPK. Be better than telling him I started my period. That wasn't embarrassing AT ALL.

I enjoyed my quiet day to myself SO MUCH. I have got to do this more often. I was out of the hospital 40 minutes after I got there this morning, so I had the whole day to myself. What a marvelous feeling. I browsed around Kohl's for a while (picked up a pair of brown cords, and winter mittens and gloves) then went over to my friend Melissa's house to hang out with her and another mom's group friend. It was so nice. Got back in time to meet the appraiser then bummed around the house. Started to look for our camera under the bed, but that turned into a cleaning fest. Under my bed, behind the nightstand and behind my dresser were absolutely disgusting. Full of dog hair, dust and random crap. So I vacuumed and dusted like a crazy woman. Still haven't found our camera but at least there aren't piles of dog hair and dust in every corner of our bedroom. Have you noticed that the more you clean, the more you find you have to clean? I noticed that the walls in my bedroom really need to be wiped down and I need to dust the blinds and curtains in my room too. UGH.

I need to get some new pix on facebook so I'm off to download from our piece of shit camera.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I have facebook too. Looke me up :)

M said...

I'd love to see more pics on your facebook :)

I'm glad the test came back normal, but I still worry about you.

I worry that you will let this stuff rule your life like I have seen some people do.

Hang in there :)