We are so excited!!! The Brewers made the playoffs for the first time in 26 years! Being 32, I really don't remember the last time. But since I married an old man, he was 10 the last time it happened and remembers it. He was so excited today, I honestly think he was teary eyed! Since Spee Dee has season tickets, they get playoff tickets too. So he put our names in for them and I'm hoping we get them! But it's all of Spee Dee and in GB alone out of like 25-30 employees, 15 put their name in. So it's a long shot, but we can hope.
Random annoyances. We had a baptism at church today, once again a couple we've never seen before and probably never will. Same thing last weekend, baby got baptized, never saw them before and didn't see them today. Very rare for our church to have 2 baptisms in a row, much less in the same month. Honestly for a while, it was a baptism every couple of months. For a while it was at least 2-3 funerals for every baptism. To get married in a Catholic church you have to go through all sorts of preparation...meetings with the priest, tests, meetings with other couples, a day long retreat, etc. which I think is good. Marriage is a sacrament and a big deal. Baptism is a sacrament too....don't you think there should be some sort of preparation for it...like you have to attend mass regularly for at least the month leading up to the baptism.
Another annoyance. My computer. It sucks big ass. It's at least 6 years old and is running super slow lately. When I type, the letters are way behind, so I can't see what I've typed until a few seconds later...extremely annoying. I want a laptop SO BAD. Probably won't happen since I also want a new dining room table, a makeover in our bedroom, and slipcovers for our furniture. I also need some wall hangings in the kitchen, it's really blah. Mike also thinks we may need a new furnace since our makes a god awful banging noise when it runs and rather than stick a bunch of money in a 15 year old one, it would make more sense to just get a brand new more efficient one. Plus the Taurus squeaks constantly. But Mike seems to have figured out the problem and thinks he can order the part pretty cheap and him and his dad can fix it in a few weeks when his dad is here. Hoo boy, I'll have a lot to blog about then. Thank god I'll be at my sister's baby shower! Wow, I have really digressed.
Let's keep going. In today's paper there was a section on the GB Gamblers, a local hockey team. A bunch of kids right out of HS, they play here for a few years before they play college hockey. Anyway, each player had his picture in it, with his hometown, stats, etc. and they were each asked "Fave Hottie." A little tacky, doncha think?
Good thing I have the Brewers to lift my spirits!
2 comments:
The Brewers are playing my team (the Phillies), my dh was like a little kid on Saturday night when they won the division.
Your church doesn't make you take baptism classes? Ours does, just a one night class, and we have them every Sunday sometimes more than one baby at a time. Sara gets christened on 10/12. I have to admit, I am not a big church goer, but my dh takes Maura every Sunday.
I had to go watch a baptism video before Lex was baptized earlier this year. Then the priest talked to me (well told me to tell Zack because I'm not Catholic) about coming to mass and whatnot.
Good for the Brewers!! They're due for a playoff win!
Post a Comment