Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Festivities

We celebrated Halloween all week! On Monday, we went to the high school for their annual Halloween party. A bunch of the high school kids set up a ton of games in the gym, and the little kids go around and play them and get candy. Yesterday we went to Sweet Street at Shopko Hall in Green Bay. It's basically this huge expo center with a ton of kids stuff in it. There were about 5 different bounce house things, the Little Gym, an entertainment stage, mini golf, pumpkin bowling, and trick or treating for the kids. It took Paige and I both a while to get used to all the activities and figure out where she wanted to go, but after discovering the YMCA bounce house, I think we spent the majority of our time there!

Then today we went to a "Trunk or Treat" event put on by my playgroup. A shitload of us went to our main organizer's house (and by house, I mean 6000+ square foot mansion in the woods), parked our cars on the empty lots around her house, decorated our trunks and set candy out for the kids. My decorations consisted of Halloween garland, "caution" tape and plastic spider rings that I hastily bought at Walmart on the way there. Some people (the ones with WAAAAYYYY too much time on their hands) went all out. I was not one of those people. I also bought WAAAAYYYY too much candy. I don't know what I was thinking. The mom's group event was ok. There are just so many new members and so many people I don't know and it seems like no one wants to make any effort to get to know each other. Kind of frustrating. But Paige had fun and actually left my side a few times, so it was a success! Tonight we had trick or treating in our little town and Paige made a haul. My mom and sister came up and we're sending a bunch of candy home with them. I think I'll have Mike take a bunch too, and I'll get rid of some at work. Not the good stuff though-we're keeping all the chocolate here! I feel like we are finally starting to break into this town a little bit. I actually chatted with some of my neighbors today and may have even found a potential babysitter! YAHOO! The lady that taught Paige's Vacation Bible School this summer has a 7th grade daughter and they live just up the road from us. Her mom even offered to have Paige come to their house. SWEET.

I'm a little crabby right now. I have a canker sore way up on the left side of my gums, my ingrown toenail that I've had cut out twice in the last year is ingrowing again and hurting, my left heel hurts from my plantar faciitis, and I have this HUGE zit on the right side of my waist. WTF? It's super painful and I want to pop it so bad. But the canker sore won't stop me from inhaling ridiculous amounts of candy.

1 comment:

M said...

Goodness, that was a heck of a week.

Lex's school does a trunk or treat after their Main St. walk. Some of those parents go all out too. The catch is, you have to have a drug free message cause it's Red Ribbon Week also.

Glad Paige had fun and YAY for finding a potential babysitter!