Thursday, May 31, 2007

Tired

What a long day; left the house at 7am, didn't get home until 10pm. I met with 2 of my legislators in their offices (well, their staff people). Had an appointment with a third, but his office was dark and locked up. Rude. The public hearing started at 1pm and I didn't get to speak until about 5:30pm. It was a long afternoon. But it was awesome because us smoke free people outnumbered the opposition by at least 4 to 1. They were getting so frustrated, it was great!

Busy couple of days ahead of me. My sister's bridal shower and bach party on Saturday, then we are meeting some friends at the zoo on Sunday. Next week is just crazy at work. Monday night a seamstress is coming to my house to do the bridesmaids dress alterations. I did my first tanning session yesterday, was hoping to do another one tonight, but didn't get back to town in time. Will have to go tomorrow since I have a month unlimited, have to take advantage of it. I have to call my hairdresser to reschedule today's appointment (for the 2nd time, had to reschedule one from last week!). AGH! Also have to get a girdle/shaper thing for the wedding since the seamstress wants me to wear it on Monday when she does the alterations. The fun never ends. Oh and I have to make a dip for the shower on Saturday.

Had dinner last night with a couple of friends with my moms group. These two girls are super cool and I'm so glad we met and became friends. We're supposed to have a playdate tomorrow but I think I may cancel on it since life is so crazy right now, I need a day at home to veg. Well veg as much as I can chasing after an active 3 year old.

Off to bed!

4 comments:

M said...

Wow, busy lady these days. I hope the bach party is fun. I know how much work you put into it.

Linda said...

When is the wedding? Not soon enough I bet. Sounds like a veggie day is in order.

Terri said...

It's almost over. Deep breath.

Krista said...

how did the shower and bach. party go?