Tuesday, May 22, 2007

5 AM

OK let's play a little game of Jeopardy. 5 AM is the answer, guess the correct question.
1. The time our coffeemaker kicked in this morning
2. A time I consider middle of the night
3. The time Paige woke up this morning

If you guessed option 3, you are correct! #2 would also be correct if the truth be told. Let's keep this little quiz game going. Paige's mood this morning was:
1. Full of sunshine and light, AKA my little ray of sunshine
2. Mellow and content to sit in front of the TV
3. Bucky and ornary as all hell demanding that dear old dad make pancakes

Again, option #3 would be correct.

After dear old dad said no to pancakes, what happened next?
1. Paige made them herself
2. She threw a holy fit and refused to fall back asleep until 6 am when Mike got up and released her from her jail cell aka her bedroom
3. She watched cartoons

That would be option #2. You would have thought we were pulling her toenails out one by one the way she was carrying on.

Last question. After Mike took Paige to the sitter's I woke up at:
1. 7am
2. 8am
3. 8:45 am

That would be #3. 8:45am. I am such a slacker! I love to sleep!!!!

OK, if anyone ever asks me again to be a matron of honor, I will run kicking and screaming like a bat out of hell. This bridal shower/bach party has turned into a nightmare. People just don't respond, it's so rude. So now I have to call 11 people, most of whom I don't know to ask if they are coming and are spending the night at the hotel I booked. Also how many people do you want to share the room with, 2 or 4? Last night was just awful. I had to look up 11 phone numbers online and over half are unlisted, so my sister is getting those numbers for me. Then be a weird coincidence, one of the girls invited calls me while I'm trying to check my cupboards and recipe books to plan my suppers for the week as Mike is on his way to Walmart and wants to know if I want to add anything to the grocery list. This chick (we'll just call her V) is firing questions at me left and right while Paige is sitting on the counter top eating raw egg noodles (or noo-noos as she calls them). How many people are coming? How many did you invite? When is the shower? Oh I wasn't invited to that (thanks Kristin for putting me in this awkward position BTW). When is check in time? How much is the room? Where are we eating? And the kicker, are we going to any strip clubs? WTF? Um no. I couldn't tell if she was serious or not, but after telling my sister that, I guess she was. I guess she likes to check out naked men. Whatever. Diferent strokes for different folks. So now I have to check with all the bridesmaids to make sure they are spending the night in the hotel and who do they want to share a room with? I have to call a tanning place so I don't look like an albino in the dress. I have to call a seamstress. I have to get a shaper thing to suck in my belly fat. AGH!!!! Calgon take me away!!!!!

Shout outs to my peeps:
Meredith: that website is disgusting. Thank god that perv is far away from us.
Koren: I have a swim dress. WTH, we're moms. Who do we have to impress?
Elisa: Allergies suck. You sound just miserable, I feel so bad for you.
Terri: Happy birthday Ellie!!!! How is she doing?
Linda: Happy birthday Rebecca!!! She is so darn cute!

OK, guess I should get some work done. I've been here for an hour and have accomplished nothing.

3 comments:

M said...

Send Miss Paige down here, she'll fit right in :) We've got someone crying about 75% of the time.

Hey now, there's nothing wrong with a little strip club action now and again. We went to one for a cousin's bach party, of course it was a female one and we were hammered.

Susan said...

Cough........ what bout my shout out ! rofl ..... guess I gotta update my blog to get one though I'm a slacker lately just did it now though !!!!!!!!!! Jenna was up at 515am, must be in the air, we literally laid there for two hours before I let her get up though screw that noise , she was ALSO up at just after midnight for two hours lovely oh yes.

Terri said...

Ellie is holding her own for now. Thanks for asking.

**Just checking my calendar...no, it's not a full moon, but all the yaya's seem to be in quite the mood***