The Regent that is. Well I ordered it anyway. I can't believe I'm buying this huge ass car seat, but I have to. Paige is the size of an average 5 year old and has outgrown the Evenflo in Mike's car. She's close to outgrowing the Marathon in my car. So we're putting the Marathon in Mike's and the Regent in mine. After she outgrows the Marathon, I'm not really sure what we are doing. Evenflo is coming out with a convertible that is supposed to harness to 50 pounds and 50 inches in July; that's supposed to run about $100. Hopefully it will get good reviews because that might be my only option.
The weekend went well. Lots of driving, but Paige had a great time and was very well behaved overall. The packing and unpacking was a pain in the ass, but not as bad as I thought. I wish we wouldn't have had to drive 2.5 hours one way over to Mike's grandpa's house on Sunday for his brother's going away party (going into the Air Force) but we left Paige with my family and made the most of our time together. Wink Wink. Twice actually.
We got back in time to go to the Memorial Day Parade in town where Paige got a ton of candy! She had a blast picking it up and putting it in her wagon. She liked most of it except when the semis went by and honked their horns.
Now I'm back at work trying to catch up from being gone so much last week and my boss keeps dumping crap on me. I'm taking off Thursday to go testify at a hearing at our state capitol in favor of 100% smoke free workplaces throughout the state, including bars and restaurants. The Tavern League will be out in full force so it will get nasty, but I'm excited about it. It's so ridiculous that we have to pick and choose where we will eat because some places allow smoking. Sorry, your food may be good but I'm not exposing my child to that crap that comes out of your cigarette.
4 comments:
Amen to that! All the restaurants around here are now smoke free and I love it. We can go anywhere, even places with a bar without worrying about smoke.
Florida is smoke free in any establishment that serves food. Makes going to the bowling alley a much more pleasant experience these days.
Wink - You go Girl! Gotta make the best of those times without the kid around.
NJ is smoke free too! Best thing they ever did. Maura loves happy hour because of it and we love that we can take her with us!
PA is still smokin. I hate it.
Say no more, say no more, nudge nudge! Woohoo!!!
Post a Comment