Monday, May 21, 2007

The Nanny Diaries

This is the book I'm currently reading. Well one of them. I got the Nanny Diaries at a rummage sale on Saturday and started reading it right away, even though I'm in the middle of another one called Night's Landing. The Nanny Diaries is hilarious! If you get a chance to read it, you really should. There are a couple of things that irritate me though: the nanny's name is Nanny, and the couple she nannies for has the last name of X. That's it. Just X. It's weird. Other than that it's really good. She nannies for a super rich couple in NYC and the authors really seem to be picking on rich, upscale families whose parents don't spend any time with the kids and name them hoity toity names like Grayer.

Ugh, I'm waiting for someone to quit using the copier so I can use it. I can hear it from my office and it's just cooking away. I need to go make some copies before I can talk to a coworker in the Extension office. Oh, it's quiet, maybe the Copy Hog is done.

Holy crap Desperate Housewives was so good last night. I can't believe I have to wait until September to find out of Edie is really dead, if Carlos and Gabby are going to get back together and if Bree can pull off the pregnancy/raising her grandchild thing.

Paige is now 39 pounds and 41 inches. I can't even believe it. She's the size of an average 4.5 to 5 year old.

I had a blast rummage saleling this weekend, especially on Saturday when I got to go alone. I took her on Friday and she was not so good. She kept taking stickers off of stuff and moving the toys all over. It's like control yourself child! I got her a ton of clothes for this summer and a bunch for this winter already too.

Friday was not such a good day. Krista and Linda heard all about it in chat on Friday...thanks for letting me vent girls! Paige was not good during the rummage sales. Then we went to the park for a playdate with my mom's group and she wouldn't let go of the death grip around my leg for almost an hour. Finally I gave up and hauled her out to the car with her screaming bloody murder. It was so embarrassing. Here I have like one of the only kids in daycare almost full time, and she can't leave my side to go play on the playground equipment? I just wanted to leave but I didn't because it was in Green Bay (a 40 minute drive) and I didn't want to waste the time and gas money to stay for 5 minutes. All of the other kids were playing and having a great time, but not mine. I could see if she was maybe 1 or so, but not at 3. It was awful. And her dr. apt. was at 3:30pm, I scheduled it for then because she had been waking up from her nap at 2:30 pm for months now like clockwork. She takes a while to wake up so I thought 3:30pm would be a good time. Well wouldn't you know, she parties in her room for almost an hour after I laid her down, and I ended up having to wake her from an almost comatose-like state at 3:20pm. I carried her out to the car and was about 5 minutes late for the apt.

We were gardening fools yesterday. Mike and Paige planted the garden and I planted about a million flowers. They all look really nice.

OK, my copies are done so I must get back to work. Good times!

3 comments:

Terri said...

I find that Stef is super clingy with me, probably because she isn't with me all day long. I say enjoy it while it lasts, before Mom is an embarrassing know-nothing invisible burden that is only acknowledged when something is needed/wanted.

Doesn't it just figure that when you schedule something around naptime, naptime suddenly changes! I think they plan those things just to annoy us.

M said...

Poor Sara. I hope this weekend is a better one.

I wish I had your motivation to rummage sale.

Susan said...

They are little pecker heads sometimes eh, grrrrrrrrr !