to admit that I just really don't like my own child right now? I know a big part of it is that she's not sleeping well and is so tired. She's like her mama, when she doesn't get enough sleep she is a complete basket case. And the crankier she is, the more I avoid her. The more I avoid her, the more she wants to be by me and acts out to get my attention. The more she acts out, the more I avoid her. It's a vicious cycle. It's so frustrating, it's like if you are so damn tired, then SLEEP for crying out loud! There is no law stating you have to wake up at 6:30am every day or only nap for an hour or so. Sleep if you're tired!!!!!
Well I'll probably get the bad mom award for admitting that I actually enjoy a night or two away from my child on the BBC boards, but what are you going to do? I know what works for me and my family. Paige and I are not attached at the hip nor do I think that's healthy.
Oh I forgot to mention the Mother's Day presents that she made at Sandi's house last week. That Sandi must have the patience of a saint. Who else is willing to make 4 different Mother's Day crafts with a group of 2-4 year olds, mostly girls? UGH. Anyway I got a cute beaded keychain with a charm on the end that says "#1 Mom", a card with her handprint that she decorated with stickers, a windchime with a wooden flower that she colored and 4 chimes hanging off of it, and a flower made out of cupcake liners, her cut out handprints and a pipe cleaner for the stem. Her picture is in the middle of the cupcake liner. Too cute. I need to get a hope chest to start keeping all of these things. They are too nice to throw away.
Terri-I've been thinking about you so much these past few weeks. How's Ellie doing today? You guys are in my prayers.
3 comments:
it's okay to admit that. There's got to be some way to break that cycle, though. SLEEP Paige SLEEP!!! the mother's day presents sound so cute.
Ellie is holding her own for now. She's refused her last 2 meals, so I want to try something else to entice her. Jeni told me to cook a roast for her.
Hang in there! I admitted *gasp* that Ella spends at least one night a week at my parent's house. Oh well, she seems to be doing just fine.
Try Hyland's Calme Forte for Kids. It's worth a shot.
It's ok to admit it, hell, I have. I hope things get better. Do you think something (teeth or whatever) is bothering her? Maybe give her a little dose of tylenol, to take the edge off. GASP! I admit I slip a 1/2 of dose in Maura's juice when she has way too much going on or is over tired and it just helps her to relax.
Post a Comment