Thursday, May 24, 2007

Stressed

Never again will I be a matron of honor. This is so stressful. And the kicker is that I know I'm making it more stressful than it needs to be. I feel like I have to be the activity director for the night, and I've never gone out in the town we are going to. So I have no clue which bars are fun, or even where they are. I just have this bad feeling people are going to be looking to me to direct them where to go. Why am I feeling like that? Adding to my stress is the fact that not only do people not respond in the first place, but they DON'T RETURN PHONE MESSAGES!!!! WTF people?!?! How hard is it to just take a minute out of your day and say yes I'm coming or no I'm not coming. You have my cell and home numbers. I have voicemail on both. Grrrrr.....

My period started today so we are going to be trying for our 8th month. I think that's all I'm going to say about that or I will start crying.

We are going up north this weekend to my sister's and her fiance's cabin and I guess it's still quite primitive. They have no stove, so we are bringing our little grill. We're basically camping in a cabin. We have to bring our own sheets, towels, blankets and all of our food. Also lawn chairs. This should be interesting. I'm so stressed about packing all of this stuff. Part of me just wants to stay home but then I know we'd get bored hanging around the house all weekend. I just hate packing and unpacking. Plus I'm such a homebody, sometimes going away for the weekend stresses me out. I have a bad feeling about Paige too. I'm sure she won't get enough sleep and be a real bear.

I don't know what to do about Paige. She is so defiant and just plain doesn't listen. What am I doing wrong? She makes everything difficult. I have to go pick her up soon from the sitter's and as awful as this sounds, I just plain don't want to. I wish I could sit here alone in peace and quiet until I go out for coffee with my mom's group tonight.

OK, off to enjoy about 10 minutes of peace and quiet.

3 comments:

Terri said...

First...deep breath

Second...have you read your book yet? It'll help. I promise.

Third...big hugs for the bitch showing up again.

Try to relax and have a nice weekend!

M said...

Don't feel bad. Sometimes we need a break from the kiddos. We find that ignoring the whining, griping, fits, etc. then praising the good things works well. The reason they are defiant, yell, etc. is for attention and if you take that attention away and only give attention for acceptable behaviors, they will drop the bad and continue the good. Make sense?

Krista said...

I know the tantrums can be horrible, but I find re-direction works best for us and also letting her know what we are doing next (for example - after the show is over, you are going to bed.) The only bad thing is that she always wants to know what's next. My cousin is the queen of re-direction and I have really learned allot from her.

By the way - the Matron of Honor thing sucks! Thank god, it's your sister and not a friend you have to deal with a controlling mother. OMG, I thought I was going to kill my girlfriend for asking me when it was all over with. Her mom, was a total bitch and so was the maid of honor and the other bridesmaid was worthless.