I must update more often, but I have been so busy at work and really don't have the time to. I could at home, but I'm busy there too! How do people with more than 1 child keep up? I feel like there is ALWAYS something to do at home. We still haven't taken down our Christmas village which is really starting to chap my ass. One of these nights, we're just going to do it. My house looks clean on the surface, but there is always crap and clutter lurking, especially on top of the fridge and under my bed. And don't even get me started on our basement. It's a disaster area. It's just one big room, so you can't even put your crap in a room and shut the door. Drives me nuts.
WHEW!!!
A few shout outs to my peeps:
Meredith: CONGRATS!!!! I can't wait to see baby Zavier!
Koren: I think we're going to get a flower girl dress off of ebay, but thanks for your offer!
Snowstorm Danielle (our weathermen name snowstorms, it's so corny) ripped through here over the weekend. I don't know how much we got, I'd say about 10 inches. We took Paige out to play in it yesterday and she had a ball. I hate watching the weather when we are expecting a snowstorm or some other bad weather. The weathermen are downright giddy and full of glee. I swear they are popping a woody underneath their suits.
Paige keeps growing like a weed. We took her to the doctor for an earache last week and she weighed in at a whopping 38.6 pounds and 41 inches!!!! YIKES!!! She has outgrown most of her 4T tops and 3T bottoms and is moving into 5T tops and dresses. I made a haul at TCP over the weekend for spring, their clothes are so cute! BTW, she just had fluid in her ears, not an infection.
I'm starting to get a little frustrated with WW. I've gained weight the past 2 weeks even though I've really been sticking with it. I worked out 4 days last week but still gained weight this week. It's not muscle either because I'm only doing cardio workouts. I do feel skinnier though. It's just so frustrating to step on that damn scale.
I'm also frustrated with my body. I bought a BBT for TTC but haven't used it. Just isn't my thing. I've been reading up on fertility and your cervical fluid (TMI warning here) and according to BBC calculator I should have been fertile last weekend, but I wasn't based on my cervical fluid and a negative OPK. But I used the average of my last 3 cycles, 2 were short and 1 was quite long. So I don't know if exercising has made them longer or what, but I know I'm not fertile right now. And Mike, bless his heart, decides that midnight on Saturday night is a good time to bring up the fact that I'm fertile this weekend and we should do something about it. I was too tired to hardly talk, so I told him we'd talk about it the next day. Good thing too because about 5 minutes later Duke puked on our bed. Nice.
The puke was caused by the fact that he chewed our spare bedroom door apart in the hour we went to church on Saturday. He chewed it all to hell, pushed his way in there and then couldn't get back out. Dumbass. At least they are cheap doors and on sale at Menards. Mike is picking one up tonight after work. So after that little incident and the fact that he is eating any food we leave out while we are gone, he's staying in the kennel while we are gone. I can't even trust him in the kitchen because he might chew up the cupboards in there. I felt bad about locking him in his kennel this AM, but he'll survive.
Paige is pretty much night potty trained now too! She wakes up early around (5-6am) to pee and announces "I stayed dry!!!" It's exciting, but not at 5am. Saturday night she woke Mike up at 12:30 am, 2:30 am, 5 and 6 am to pee. I must have been in a coma because I didn't hear any of it. Kinda worries me a little that I sleep so heavily.
We need to get a bed for Paige. She's in her crib with one side rail taken off and has been refusing to sleep in there, and is sleeping on the floor. Not a big deal, but her room is so small, that you can hardly walk in it with all her blankets, pillows and stuffed animals on the floor. We have 2 twin beds in our spare room and are debating if we should just pull one of them into her room, or buy her a double bed. We're thinking about buying a futon for the basement so company can sleep down there. I'd really like to decorate her room something cute and funky, but I don't know how. I like pink and brown together and want something that will last her a while. Any ideas ya yas?
OK, must get back to work. Hugs and kisses!!!!
6 comments:
Pink and brown - french poodle? How about pink walls with funky brown stripes and big polka dots. You could do coordinating window treatments and bedding. Throw a little french blue in for accents.
There ya go.
UGH wtf happened to my comment grrrrrrrrr ! here goes yet again......... that idea sounds lovely Linda good idea :)
And yea Phew to ya on updating sheesh, I think Mer was ready to call a 911 on ya !
AND remember with WW and scales, you lose inches before pounds, you should notice it in the way your clothes fit first, so don't sweat it and if your feeling good about it that's all that matters right :) HUGS !
Poor Duke! Presh has to go in her crate whenever we're not at home too. She cries, but it's her own fault, just like it's Duke's fault.
I suck at decorating, but Linda's suggestion sounds nice. Have you asked Paige what she would like? If her room is small already, I think I'd go with one of the twin beds rather than a double.
38.5 lbs and 41 inches, Holy $%@* that's a big girl. Ian would look like a munchkin next to her. He was in for a chest x-ray and was 31 lbs and 37 inches my litte man. guess that's what happens when his momma is only 5'5 and his dad is 5'11. If anything would change and you want the dress let me know. It is beautiful. Oh, doing a little girls room is so much fun. Our Target had a really cute bedpsread set that had curtains, lamps the whole works and it was a brown and pink pattern. Super cute. If Paige's room is small, I think I would definitely stick with pink walls and use brown for accents. Too much brown may make it look even smaller. Oh, decorating is soooo much fun.
Crap! I lost my post!
Anyway - I love Linda's ideas and can't wait to see what you come up with - make sure to take pics!
Just on a side note with ttc, you may want to go get some bloodwork to see if your hormones are all in check. I know with me when I was on the pill, everything was fine and when I went off - my body went nuts!
Thanks for the shout out, I'm just now catching up on blogs.
Definately check Target out. My parents redid Lex's room for her b-day. They did light pink walls and got some cute kinda funky throwback 70's bedspread & accessories, and a really neat light. All on sale, so check it out soon.
Post a Comment