Wednesday, February 07, 2007

My Mom's Group

I'm seriously pissed right now and tempted to email our organizer about this.

So on the message board there is a thread that has a question of the week. This week's question is why did you decide to be a SAHM? WTF???? I thought this was a group for all moms, not just SAHMs. Basically the responses range from I couldn't imagine leaving them with someone else, I love being there for every milestone that I couldn't see if I worked FT, I couldn't imagine leaving my kids with someone else all day, etc. But this one takes the cake: I think MOST people respect me for staying home with my kids, and SOME people are jealous, because they send their children to day care.

I LOVE my daycare provider and feel blessed that we were able to find her, she takes such good care of Paige. I trust her completely.

Would you be mad? Any advice ya yas? This is supposed to be a group for all moms, even though the majority are SAHMs. Should I post that not all of us are SAHMs? I just think this is almost a slap in the face. There is NOTHING wrong with being a proud working mama and sending my daughter to daycare! I could just cry right now.

Hormones aren't helping. AF was due on Sunday, and every HPT I've taken has been BFN, and there have been a lot, and a few taken right away in the morning. It's like come on already, shit or get off the pot. I don't feel pregnant, but I don't have ANY AF symptoms.

I'm tired. Off to bed.

3 comments:

Terri said...

(((Sara))) I'd be pissed too. I'm not sure if I'd leave a post like you said or email the organizer, but either way, I'd probably be pretty darned snarky about it, hormonal or not.

I'm sorry about all the BFN's too. What brand tests are you buying? Maybe I should buy some stock in that company?? Heehee. (sorry, just trying to break you mood and help find a smile).

Krista said...

I would be pissed too! I would post!

I still can't get over how tall Paige is and I would kill for all of that counter space!

M said...

I'd be pissed too, and I would definately email the organizer. That is definately inappropriate to bring up if the group is for all moms. While I'm on irks this morning, another one is holier than thou people. I see a lot of SAHM's who talk like they're sooooo involved or whatever when they're really sitting at home doing nothing all day. I'm sure Elisa has come across some in her MOM's group like that also.