Thursday, February 01, 2007

Brrrrr

We headed for a major cold spell here. Highs around 0-5 for the next week. Damn I hate this cold weather. We have some snow so I'd love to take Paige out to play in it, but not when it's 0 degrees.

Weight Watchers is going pretty well. I've lost 9 pounds since I started back up in late November. I've been eating the Smart Ones or Lean Cuisine meals for lunch and still having my fruit smoothies for breakfast. Trying to find the energy to exercise at night is the hard part. I will not exercise in the morning, that's just not me.

Paige has been waking up around 5:45 am this week which is starting to get old. Luckily I can still sleep until around 6:20 am or so while Mike gets ready and Paige watches cartoons. Then I dress her, put her hair up and Mike takes her to the sitter's. It's WONDERFUL getting ready in a quiet house! She's starting to eat a little better. She'll actually try the food I make for supper now, it takes ALOT of prodding, but she'll at least try it. Most of the time she actually likes it and eats more of it.

Work is very busy, I'm spread so thin throughout so many different programs I'm wondering how I'm going to actually accomplish anything. Job security, like Mike says.

Random bitch here: on my mom's group message board there is a thread asking what our husbands or significant others do for a living. Most of them are SAHMs and have responded about how hard their husbands work so that they can stay home. That has really rubbed me the wrong way because Mike works SO HARD at his job, but it just doesn't pay enough for me to SAH, not that I'd really want to anyway. I mean, how many of those guys bust their butts in freezing cold weather and horrible snowstorms, and then 90 degree heat to make deliveries? Not many. If he worked for UPS I could stay home, but he makes about half of what an UPS guy makes. Just because I work outside of the home doesn't mean my husband isn't a good provider or hard worker; I'm making the choice to work to benefit my entire family. OK, will get off of my soapbox.

I can't believe it's February already! Easter will be here before we know it. I've been searching ebay for an Easter dress but haven't found any I like. I'm being really picky this year. I've gotten her Easter dresses from ebay and they've always been cute, but I don't absolutely LOVE them. Trying to find the perfect one this year.

OK off to work. Have a good day ya yas!!!

4 comments:

Terri said...

Zero to 5 is just TOO cold. We're looking at our first snow of any significance coming tonight --> a dusting to an inch or 2. I'm glad Princess Paige is eating better for you. I know how much that was bothering you.

M said...

That would piss me off too. Zack works harder than anyone I know but doesn't make near enough for me not to work. But, he loves his job and that's what matters. Why should the husband be the provider anyway??

Easter dress?!?!?! My kids don't even have thier Valentine stuff for school yet.

Susan said...

LOL Mer I was thinking same thing, VDay is approaching not even thought of Easter really, your a nut Bar :)

Koren said...

oohhh, I love Easter dresses! Kinda sucks now that Ali is getting older they aren't as cute. Last year she did the skirt and shirt thing cause it's hard to find a cutesie dress bigger than a 6x. Oh and by the way, do you still need a flower girl dress? I was looking around in our basement and found the one Ali wore when she was 3. It is still in the dry cleaning bag. It's white empire style, I can send pics if you want. It's absolutely gorgeous we paid like $200 for it. Actually cost more than my bridesmaid dress, go figure. It still looks like new.