Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thursday

Again, i know I must post more often but life is just crazy right now!!!!

Mike and I decided to update our house so we dropped $1100 at Menard's last weekend on new living room and hallway floor, kitchen wall and cabinet paint, new cabinet hardware, kitchen ceiling fan, bathroom paint and bathroom floor. We opened up a no interest CC for 1 year so we have that long to pay it off and WE WILL!!!!! We got sage green for the kitchen, off white for the cabinets and really cool simple black muted knobs. We have laminate wood floor in there so I think it will look really cool. I'm going to keep a few of my apple things up in there, I think the red touches will look nice. The bathroom will be light yellow on the walls. The floor is hard to describe, it looks like beige stone, will take lots of pix. The floor in the living room and hallway is laminate that looks like hardwood. Our carpet is so ugly and in such bad shape, plus with a constantly shedding dog it's so hard to keep clean. I'm going to JCP this weekend to pick out new window treatments for the LR and kitchen. I'm thinking roman shades for the kitchen in red maybe, and vertical blinds for the LR. I really don't like vertical blinds, but our window is pretty wide and that's really the only option that I can come up with. This is all so wild but I can't wait to get it done. Our deadline is Paige's bday party on May 12th, so we'll be busy bees. As Paige would say "I'm so exciting!"

Work is nuts and my co workers are so annoying. I could fill up a whole blog on that but I won't. My boss has been mysteriously gone all week which is so annoying and all of us are wasting time gossiping by wondering where she is or what is going on with her. Her personal life is kind of rough. She'll call in in the morning and say she may try to come in the afternoon and then never shows or calls/emails. Grrr..... As a manager, she has a responsibility to us to let us know if/when she'll be back.

Paige is still waking us up at the butt crack of dawn, usually around 5:30am. It's getting old. This AM she peed by herself which was awesome but when she woke us up at 5:30 am to talk about it, it kind of defeats the purpose! I'm hoping she can wake up, pee, then go back to bed, like I do!!!!!!

We are going to start painting the kitchen this weekend, so I'm really excited to see how it turns out. Picking paint colors is kind of stressful. Poor Mike kept showing me some and I kept turning them down, finally he got frustrated and went off to a different part of the store. Paige is excited to paint so we're going to give her a little area to work on.

I got into chat today from work!!! YAHOO!!!!!

3 comments:

Linda said...

That does sound exciting. You girls are inspiring me.

See ya in chat!!

Susan said...

530 am, yes rough........ time change gonna suck I'm SO not looking forward to the sun being up an hour earlier, that means she'll likely do the same, little Miss Sunshine herself ugh !

Terri said...

I've got the painting bug too. Can't wait to see your pix!