Monday, March 27, 2006

The Stomach Bug Strikes Again

Mike and I just had this a few months ago and it's BAAAAACK! Mike got it Friday, but was feeling better by Saturday. Luckily, Paige and I were at my mom and dad's so we didn't have to be around him when he was sick. However, Saturday night I woke up with it, and felt miserable yesterday. I threw up and had the runs a few times in the morning and was just weak, achy, and lethargic the rest of the day. Luckily, I have a wonderful hubby and he took care of Paige all day. Also luckily, she seemed to understand that I wasn't feeling well, and kind of left me alone and was happy to be with Mike. She's such a mama's girl and will actually tell Mike "NO dada" if she doesn't want him around. But they went for a couple of walks and played all day, so they're buddies again.

On Friday, I met a friend from college at a play area at a mall about an hour away from me and about 15 minutes from my parent's house. She has a little girl, Anna who is 3 months younger than Paige and she's a work from home mom. She is really starting to think about putting Anna in a daycare a few times a week just so she has more time to work, retain her sanity, and get Anna used to kids. I guess Anna is kinda high maintenance! So I was saying yes, daycare is wonderful, I'm so glad Paige is there because she gets to play with kids of all ages, and she is exposed to different things. So we go in the play area and Anna takes off and is playing her little heart out. Paige meanwhile, won't get off my lap for a good 45 minutes. Yeah, meet my highly socialized daughter! Anna's mom could've gone shopping for all she cared, but Paige wouldn't get off my lap. Just a little embarrassing. So I decided that on my days off, that I need to take Paige with me to different outings. I kind of realized she's in her own little bubble; she's either at home or Sandi's (her sitter), or my parents. She needs to get out and be exposed to new things. I have to get over my fear of taking her in public.

Actually, I made a small step towards that goal on Saturday. I stopped at Once Upon a Child in Green Bay on my way home to look for patent leather shoes for Easter. I couldn't find any, but walked out of there with $21 worth of summer clothes for Paige. I got 2 outfits, 3 tops, and 2 shorts. She's obsessed with purple lately, and had to carry the purple outfit with her until we checked out. That store is so ghetto-ish, but I love it! And as long as Paige was holding her beloved purple outfit, she was fine.

We're back into Nemo again. I think she watched it at least 5 times this weekend. She walks around going "Nemo? Dory? Nigel? Marnin (Marlin)?" It's so cute!

1 comment:

M said...

Glad you're feeling better. Lexi is the same way and she's 6 and goes places all the time. Some kiddos are just shy.