Monday, March 13, 2006

So What Do I Do All Day?

People (including my own coworkers!) don't really know what my job entails so here's what I did today:

On the phone: I re-enrolled 3 clients in the women's health program that I coordinate. I answered questions from 2 moms calling with questions about booster seats for their kids. I ordered supplies for this 8 week teen cessation course I'm facilitating with a guidance counselor from one of the high schools.

I looked over this cessation ciriculum and read two very technical child passenger safety newsletters.

Non-work related, I listed a few things on ebay and chatted with my ya yas! I also listened as a co-worker vented about her ex-husband.

I really enjoy my job most days and am proud that I'm showing my daughter that women can strike a balance between work and home. Although I do miss her during the day, I know she's in good hands and that she's having a fun time with all of her buddies!

I have reached the end of my rope when it comes to planning and cooking meals! I told Mike tonight that if we don't plan supper for the next night before we go to bed, I'm not cooking. We can either have pizza or soup or something like that. I would much rather hang out with Paige (and watch Dora!) than run around the kitchen like a mad woman trying to plan and cook a meal before she demands that I give her my 100% attention! Not sure if we'll plan the meals the night before, but I'm not caving on the cooking meals myself thing!

3 comments:

Terri said...

Suggestion for the meal planning thing: we have a rotation of several meals for which we always keep the ingredients on hand. The hard part is then choosing one of them in the morning so the meat can sit in the fridge defrosting all day long. Maybe you could try that, or plan the whole week's meals on Sunday evening?

Linda said...

Get a crock pot!!! Meal is done when you get home. I have ribs cooking at home right now.

M said...

We keep chicken, fish, pork, and meat around and just throw it with whatever is in the pantry. You can come up with some pretty creative things that way.

Keep up the good work, you're doing a great job!!!!!!!